Painting Chrome Oven Drip Pans

Jeffy3

Sep 28, 2007, 3:11:38 PM9/28/07
Anyone ever done this? We have chrome ones that we keep clean but are
aging and would like black ones now and before paying upwards of $40
for a new set of four, was wondering if there is any harm or danger to
painting them black with high gloss metallic paint or something.

Seerialmom

Sep 28, 2007, 3:20:25 PM9/28/07

If you want to paint them black get the high-heat black that's used
for barbeques and engines. I believe those are intended not to give
off toxic fumes while you cook?

See below for example:

http://www.rustoleum.com/Product.asp?frm_product_id=39&SBL=1

Lou

Sep 28, 2007, 8:49:07 PM9/28/07

"Jeffy3" <jef...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

I don't know about painting them, but I bought a set of black drip pans to
replace the chrome ones. I didn't like them - the chrome ones reflect the
heat radiated downward by the heating element back up towards the pot or
pan, where it has a chance to do some good. The black ones absorbed the
heat and conducted it to the stovetop - the whole top got warm.

The only good thing I can say about the black ones is that they looked
better - unlike the shiny chrome ones, they don't show every drip and
spatter.