Re: Why we don't need Mexicans

Ted

Jan 16, 2008, 2:20:43 PM1/16/08
On Jan 16, 9:52 am, Righteous Dude <n...@hotmail.uk> wrote:
> [...]
> forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the
> reader gets sick of reading them.
> I have included the URL's for verification of the following facts.
>
> http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigration/bankofamerica.asp
>
> 1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens
> each year.http://tinyurl.com/zob77
>
> 2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs
> such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
>
> 3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal
> aliens.http://www.cis.org/articles/2004/fiscalexec.html
>
> 4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school
> education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
> English!http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.0.html
>
> 5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the
> American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
>
> 6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
>
> 7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
>
> 8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare &
> social services by the American taxpayers.http://premium.cnn.com/TRANSCIPTS/0610/29/ldt.01.html
>
> 9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused
> by the illegal aliens.http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html
>
> 10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's
> two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular,
> their
> children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the UShttp://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html
>
> 11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens
> that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal
> aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine,
> meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern
> border. Homeland Security Report:http://tinyurl.com/t9sht
>
> 12. The National Policy Institute, "estimated that the total cost of
> mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average
> cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period."http://www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org/pdf/deportation.pdf
>
> 13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back
> to their countries of origin.http://www.rense.com/general75/niht.htm
>
> 14. Nearly One Million Sex Crimes were Committed by Illegal Immigrants
> In The United States.http://www.drdsk.com/articleshtml
>
> The total cost is $ 338.3 BILLION DOLLARS per YEAR
>
> Deportation would be cheaper than maintenance or amnesty for illegals.

Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

ted

Ben Sharvy

Jan 16, 2008, 7:23:59 PM1/16/08
Fourteen reasons we don't need your racism....

> ted- Hide quoted text -

Marsha

Jan 16, 2008, 9:38:47 PM1/16/08
What does raciscm have to do with illegal aliens?

Billzz

Jan 16, 2008, 10:41:26 PM1/16/08
"Marsha" <m...@xeb.net> wrote in message news:fmmf3p$lnl$4...@news.datemas.de...

> What does raciscm have to do with illegal aliens?

I do not know what this is doing in soc.veterans, but as an old observer of
the American scene, I believe that it comes from Gus Hall, of the American
Communist Party, who invented the "blame America first" argument technique.
If anyone proposed anything that he was against he would immediately launch
into a tirade about how America had slaves! And since you had slaves! How
could you say anything about anything!!! ( I spare you the long-winded
rant.)

So if you say anything about illegal aliens you will be greeted with the
argument that "This is Racism!" In other words *you* can't say anything,
and why? Because you are a racist! And that should be repeated at least
three times. There is nothing that you can say, about the subject, because
the subject has now been changed to you (or anyone who wants to talk about
the subject.) If you want to talk about the subject, then you cannot,
because you are a racist!

Gus Hall's students went to some fine colleges to learn this stuff, and it
always works. All of the media is full of people who will immediately *not*
talk about the subject, but will characterize, as a racist, any speaker of
the subject.

The idea is that *YOU* may not speak of this subject. If you do, then, by
definition, you are a racist. Only they may speak of the subject, and when
they do, the first thing that they will do is characterize you as a racist.
Commie 101.

But, as the American economy declines into a depression (we are already in a
recession) then the attraction of illegal aliens will be less, and the
problem will solve itself. It is simply too expensive to make anything in
the United States, even with illegal aliens. And the purchasing power of
the average American, is declining very fast, and inflation is going up,
very fast. We probably won't decline to third-world status in the next ten
years, but that's the way the United States is heading. And at that point
there will be no incentive for illegal aliens to come here. In fact, they
will flee.

Probably not what anyone wanted to hear.

Rod Speed

Jan 16, 2008, 11:59:34 PM1/16/08
Billzz <billzz...@starband.net> wrote
> Marsha <m...@xeb.net> wrote

>> What does raciscm have to do with illegal aliens?

> I do not know what this is doing in soc.veterans,

Nothing, the redneck does bombing runs everywhere.

> but as an old observer of the American scene, I believe that it comes from Gus Hall, of the American Communist Party,
> who invented the "blame America first" argument technique.

Nope. While its not technically correct to characterise the
redneck that JUST mindlessly rants about illegal aliens as
a racist, thats just because there isnt a more accurate
description for his mindless obsession about illegal aliens.

> If anyone proposed anything that he was against he would immediately launch into a tirade about how America had
> slaves! And since you had slaves! How could you say anything about anything!!! ( I spare you the long-winded rant.)

That isnt what Marsha's comment is about.

> So if you say anything about illegal aliens you will be greeted with the argument that "This is Racism!"

The redneck wasnt 'saying anything about illegal aliens',
its obsessed about them, and just presents completely
one eyed rant about what is purportedly what they produce.

> In other words *you* can't say anything, and why? Because you are a racist! And that should be repeated at least
> three times. There is nothing that you can say, about the subject, because the subject has now been changed to you (or
> anyone who wants to talk about the subject.) If you want to talk about the subject, then you cannot, because you are
> a racist!

That aint what Marsha's comment was about.

> Gus Hall's students went to some fine colleges to learn this stuff, and it always works.

No it doesnt.

> All of the media is full of people who will immediately *not* talk about the subject, but will characterize, as a
> racist, any speaker of the subject.

That aint what Marsha's comment was about.

> The idea is that *YOU* may not speak of this subject. If you do, then, by definition, you are a racist. Only they may
> speak of the subject, and when they do, the first thing that they will do is characterize you as a racist. Commie 101.

That aint what Marsha's comment was about.

> But, as the American economy declines into a depression

Taint gunna happen and even if it did, even a depression on the scale
of the great depression wouldnt be anything like that was again.

> (we are already in a recession) then the attraction of illegal aliens will be less,

Nope. The absolute vast bulk of americans wont ever be doing
the absolute dregs work that the illegals have no choice but to
do, and modern welfare ensures that they wont need to either.

> and the problem will solve itself.

How odd that it didnt even during the great depression.

> It is simply too expensive to make anything in the United States, even with illegal aliens.

Have fun explaining what still gets made in america, all the
fast food, all the cars, heavy aircraft, software, etc etc etc.

> And the purchasing power of the average American, is declining very fast,

Pigs arse it is. Have fun explaining the FACT that home
ownership is at historical record highs and car ownership
in spades, let alone all the consumer stuff.

> and inflation is going up, very fast.

Wrong again.

> We probably won't decline to third-world status in the next ten years,

Corse that wont happen. That didnt even happen during the
great depression and we wont be seeing another one of those.

> but that's the way the United States is heading.

Nope. In the real world manufacturing is only ever a small part of
any modern first world economy and there are plenty of jobs in the
service sector to produce an unemployment rate of only 4.x%

> And at that point there will be no incentive for illegal aliens to come here.

Mindless silly stuff. Their situation in america will always be much better
than back where they are coming from, so they will keep coming for
precisely the same reason they have been coming up till now.

> In fact, they will flee.

Have fun explaining how come that didnt even happen during the great depression.

> Probably not what anyone wanted to hear.

Yep, mindless hysterical hyperventilation like yours isnt even amusing. Just pathetic.

Robbing Gator

Jan 17, 2008, 12:44:13 AM1/17/08

"Billzz" <billzz...@starband.net> wrote in message

> "Marsha" <m...@xeb.net> wrote in message

We probably won't decline to third-world status in the next ten
> years,

of course not, the republican losing, failing hillbilly fuckups are on the
way DOWN and OUT,
and the Clinton or Obama democrats are going to fix this mess,
rememeber they have a history of balanced budgets and surplus,
just have to tax the oil and defense industry to balance the books, along
with the wealthy hogs

Ben Sharvy

Jan 17, 2008, 5:24:36 AM1/17/08
On Jan 17, 12:41 pm, "Billzz" <billzzstr...@starband.net> wrote:

> So if you say anything about illegal aliens you will be greeted with the
> argument that "This is Racism!"

Obviously, there are many things you can say about illegal aliens that
won't be greeted with accusations of racism. You could say they have
souls just like everyone else. You could say their dignity is as
important as your own. You could say they usually work jobs that
Americans won't do, but that Americans want done cheaply (picking
produce, roofing).

The title of this thread is "Why we don't need Mexicans." The initial
poster then goes on to describe everything he hates about illegal
aliens; by implication, it's about his hate of Mexicans. Racism.

A brief check of his source also shows that he lied about some of what
it says. So there was little interest in reason or sincerity; by
implication, the interest was biased. Racism.

Topp@Work

Jan 17, 2008, 9:08:29 AM1/17/08

"Robbing Gator" <A...@CrocsBiteaBillyToday.com> wrote in message

> "Billzz" <billzz...@starband.net> wrote in message
> > "Marsha" <m...@xeb.net> wrote in message
>
> We probably won't decline to third-world status in the next ten
> > years,
>
> of course not, the republican losing, failing hillbilly fuckups are on the
> way DOWN and OUT,
> and the Clinton or Obama democrats are going to fix this mess,
> rememeber they have a history of balanced budgets and surplus,
> just have to tax the oil and defense industry to balance the books, along
> with the wealthy hogs

LOL.
CONGRESS CONTROLS THE MONEY you fool....

Paul Ciszek

Jan 17, 2008, 10:15:35 AM1/17/08

In article <Ju6dnSih3LLJ_xLa...@giganews.com>,

Topp@Work <topp...@comcast.net> wrote:

>LOL.
>CONGRESS CONTROLS THE MONEY you fool....

Don't worry, the Republicans are losing that too. Excuse me, I have to
go break up some hanky-panky in the men's room...

--
Please reply to: | "One of the hardest parts of my job is to
pciszek at panix dot com | connect Iraq to the War on Terror."

Paul Ciszek

Jan 17, 2008, 10:18:50 AM1/17/08

Why senior citizens? We could cut the war in Iraq instead.

Message has been deleted

Topp@Work

Jan 17, 2008, 11:50:42 AM1/17/08

"Paul Ciszek" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

> In article <Ju6dnSih3LLJ_xLa...@giganews.com>,
> Topp@Work <topp...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >
> >LOL.
> >CONGRESS CONTROLS THE MONEY you fool....
>
> Don't worry, the Republicans are losing that too. Excuse me, I have to
> go break up some hanky-panky in the men's room...

Considering the Democrats took congress last year and promised to save the
world
in the first hundred days, and did SQUAT, and their ratings are lower than
the presidents,
you can bark up that tree all you want...

Matter of fact, the ACLU is representing larry in his case against the State
of MN for
violating his right to privacy, cause in MN there is a law regarding asking
for sex is a
private act when in a bathroom....

Shawn Wilson

Jan 17, 2008, 5:26:16 PM1/17/08
On Jan 16, 12:20 pm, Ted <tedor...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Here are 14 reasons why the US has to cut benefits to senior citizens.
> > "Snopes" is provided for any doubters. I hope the following reasons are
> > forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the
> > reader gets sick of reading them.

Sigh...

How to lie with statistics 101- make sure to include all negatives (/
positives) of the policy you don't (/do) like and lowball or ignore
any positives (/negatives).

Here we have a great many negatives of illegals, no corresponding data
on legal immigrants for comparison (on a per capita basis it's pretty
obvious that illegals will cost less than legals as they will be
afraid to seek some services for fear of deportation), and an utter
lack or any mention of positives the illegals provide the country,
like cheap labor and lower prices.

Please, if you want to discuss government policy do it honestly.

Paul Ciszek

Jan 17, 2008, 6:58:53 PM1/17/08

In article <yJCdnYbRH7K0GhLa...@giganews.com>,

Topp@Work <topp...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Matter of fact, the ACLU is representing larry in his case against the State
>of MN for
>violating his right to privacy, cause in MN there is a law regarding asking
>for sex is a
>private act when in a bathroom....

Of course. Us evul liberals support your right to have gay sex in
the men's room, it's just that doing so makes you unelectable as a
Republican. Hey, I don't make the Republican's silly rules...

-

Jan 17, 2008, 7:47:11 PM1/17/08
The government isn't in Washington D C. The Government is on Wall
Street. Their flunkies are in D C.
Message has been deleted

Paul Knudsen

Jan 17, 2008, 9:13:16 PM1/17/08
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 19:41:26 -0800, "Billzz"
<billzz...@starband.net> wrote:

>Probably not what anyone wanted to hear.

It doesn't really matter. Big Business and But Agriculture want
illegals who'll work cheap, and they pay their congresscritters (of
both parties) to make sure they get them.

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Jan 17, 2008, 9:20:30 PM1/17/08
On Jan 16, 12:20 pm, Ted <tedor...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Deportation would be cheaper than maintenance or amnesty for illegals.

Deportation needn't cost a penny. If each state would announce that
they will not prosecute crimes against illegals, then the illegals
would have no choice but to self-deport. Illegals have no rights.

Benj

Jan 18, 2008, 4:20:09 AM1/18/08
On Jan 16, 10:41 pm, "Billzz" <billzzstr...@starband.net> wrote:

> Probably not what anyone wanted to hear.

That is EXACTLY what everyone needed to hear. These days everyone
things that leftists disappeared with the fall of the USSR. But it
seems that now the USA is the last bastion of communism. Only they've
all changed there names to "progressive". Who could be against
"progress"? Right? Just listen to the media go on and on about all
the "progressive" Democrat candidates and memories of Gus Hall will
come flooding back!

Like you say name-calling is a Commie Techniques 101. Just look at
"Rod Speed's" post below. He's clearly VERY "progressive"!

What people DO need to hear is some Truth about how the USSR was NEVER
The "envy of the world" they pretend it was and some facts about what
"progressives" are really after. Right, Cold war Soviet Union. Now
THAT was the good life!

Terry Terry

Jan 18, 2008, 8:14:10 AM1/18/08

They have paid for none of the services.

My father and his father paid for the roads and the courthouses.

My father and his father were asked to give their lives for this
country

qwest602000

Jan 18, 2008, 9:32:48 AM1/18/08
> country- Hide quoted text -

they must be rolling over

Rod Speed

Jan 18, 2008, 1:15:38 PM1/18/08
Benj <bja...@iwaynet.net> wrote
> Billzz <billzzstr...@starband.net> wrote

>> Probably not what anyone wanted to hear.

> That is EXACTLY what everyone needed to hear.

Nope, it was just the usual mindless hysterical hyperventilation.

There wont be any great depression, you watch.

And even if there was, modern welfare ensures that it wont be anything like the last one.

> These days everyone things that leftists disappeared with the fall of the USSR.

Only the pig ignorant fools.

> But it seems that now the USA is the last bastion of communism.

You wouldnt know what communism was if it bit you on your lard arse.

> Only they've all changed there names to "progressive". Who
> could be against "progress"? Right? Just listen to the media
> go on and on about all the "progressive" Democrat candidates
> and memories of Gus Hall will come flooding back!

Only for fools that have never had a clue. You qualify.

> Like you say name-calling is a Commie Techniques 101. Just look
> at "Rod Speed's" post below. He's clearly VERY "progressive"!

You wouldnt know what 'progressive' was if one bit you on your lard arse either.

> What people DO need to hear is some Truth about how the
> USSR was NEVER The "envy of the world" they pretend it was

They never ever attempted to spread communism eh ?

> and some facts about what "progressives" are really after.

Easy to claim, hell of a lot harder to actually substantiate that claim.

> Right, Cold war Soviet Union.

Just another of your pathetic little pig ignorant drug crazed fantasys.

What the entire modern first world with the exception of the US has is
nothing even remotely resembling anything like cold war soviet union, fool.

> Now THAT was the good life!

You're always welcome to bugger off to North Korea any time you like, comrade.

Bob Ward

Jan 18, 2008, 4:20:24 PM1/18/08

Many undocumented workers (without a SSSN) are paying money into the
system that they will never be able to recover, since they are using a
forged or stolen SSN. How is that not paying taxes? When an
undocumented worker purchases a refrigerator, furniture, clothing,
etc, he or she pays sales tax just like you or I would. In what way
is that not paying taxes?

Some immigrants are offered the opportunity to serve this country and
eventually get the necessary papers to remain here after they have
served in the military.

How far do you intend to ride on the coattails of your father and his
father? If you haven't stepped up to the plate and offered to give
YOUR life for this country, where on earth do you get the balls to
criticize others?

Paul Knudsen

Jan 18, 2008, 11:03:27 PM1/18/08
On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:20:43 -0800 (PST), Ted <tedo...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?

Yeah. The big agricultural and industrial companies that want cheap
labor.

qwest602000

Jan 19, 2008, 9:46:13 AM1/19/08
> criticize others?- Hide quoted text -

hey idiot
for every earned dollar, 4 are spent on social services.

dilbert firestorm

Jan 20, 2008, 10:31:53 AM1/20/08

--
Dilbert Firestorm

Opus is my Hero!

Bill DeFranzo

Jan 20, 2008, 10:38:15 AM1/20/08

>> of course not, the republican losing, failing hillbilly fuckups are on
>> the way DOWN and OUT,
>> and the Clinton or Obama democrats are going to fix this mess,
>> rememeber they have a history of balanced budgets and surplus,
>> just have to tax the oil and defense industry to balance the books, along
>> with the wealthy hogs

Isn't this how ancient Rome balanced its books or raised money for war? They
simply taxed the rich land owners. In some cases killing them and
confiscating their wealth outright. How about promising to stop new spending
and focusing on our aging infrastructure? Both are talking about more
spending to get us out of the on-coming recession.

dilbert firestorm

Jan 20, 2008, 10:40:41 AM1/20/08
with regards to your comments. I find it rather interesting that people
like you would parse words like "undocumented" in nuancing the illegal
alien workers.

I find that to be dishonest in be defending the indefensible.

Rod Speed

Jan 20, 2008, 1:05:18 PM1/20/08
Bill DeFranzo <defr...@verizon.net> wrote

>>> of course not, the republican losing, failing hillbilly fuckups are
>>> on the way DOWN and OUT,
>>> and the Clinton or Obama democrats are going to fix this mess,
>>> rememeber they have a history of balanced budgets and surplus,
>>> just have to tax the oil and defense industry to balance the books,
>>> along with the wealthy hogs

> Isn't this how ancient Rome balanced its books or raised money for war?

Nope.

> They simply taxed the rich land owners.

Nope, they couldnt pay for their wars like that.

> In some cases killing them and confiscating their wealth outright.

That was a different approach entirely, how they dealt
with those who ended up losing in the political stakes.

> How about promising to stop new spending and focusing on our aging infrastructure?

And let those with oil do anything they like ? Yeah, right.

> Both are talking about more spending to get us out of the on-coming recession.

Yep, because anyone with a clue has noticed that that does work.

It was fools like you that produced the great depression after the Wall St crash.

Snowbound

Jan 20, 2008, 9:57:18 PM1/20/08
In article <HVJkj.7164$k15.6659@trnddc06>,
"Bill DeFranzo" <defr...@verizon.net> wrote:

> Isn't this how ancient Rome balanced its books or raised money for war? They
> simply taxed the rich land owners. In some cases killing them and
> confiscating their wealth outright.

I think you are mistaking ancient Rome for the Pol Pot regime, Castro's
Cuba or Stalin's USSR. Or perhaps you wish to compare ancient Rome with
these regimes?

Paul Knudsen

Jan 21, 2008, 11:39:58 PM1/21/08
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:57:18 -0600, Snowbound
<loose...@ixnay.invalid> wrote:

>I think you are mistaking ancient Rome for the Pol Pot regime, Castro's
>Cuba or Stalin's USSR. Or perhaps you wish to compare ancient Rome with
>these regimes?

Well, the Romans weren't known for their tender hearts either. They
invented crucifixion, you know.

qwest602000

Jan 22, 2008, 12:26:09 PM1/22/08
On Jan 18, 8:03 pm, Paul Knudsen <pknud...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Jan 2008 11:20:43 -0800 (PST), Ted <tedor...@hotmail.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Does anyone still support the government in Washington, DC?
>
> Yeah.  The big agricultural and industrial companies that want cheap
> labor.

don't worry
the mexicans will get us out of a depression
just give them drivers lic. and more medicaid.
tht will solve the problem

Snowbound

Jan 22, 2008, 1:25:03 PM1/22/08
In article <4rsap397bq494e83l...@4ax.com>,
Paul Knudsen <pknu...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

Right, such a lock they had on cruelty. Crucifixion is so much worse
than impalement, which it replaced. In case you weren't aware,
impalement does not use sharpened poles. They are tapered, but dull.
They are inserted into the anus and slowly worked up the abdomen and
even occasionally out through the throat and mouth. The victims can
actually live for weeks like that, properly cared for. It was once
common to see whole fields of impalement victims rotting in the sun,
still alive. Men, women and children.

And son-of-a-gun, which country invented as a sanctified medical
procedure, prefrontal lobotomy, performed on helpless, confined,
restrained, unanesthetized "mentally ill" patients by sticking an ice
pick past their eyeball into their brain and wiggling it around so the
"patients" became little more than drooling vegetables?

Yes sir, those romans were real bastards alright.

Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Jan 23, 2008, 1:37:14 PM1/23/08

"Robbing Gator" <A...@CrocsBiteaBillyToday.com> skrev i en meddelelse

> "Billzz" <billzz...@starband.net> wrote in message
>> "Marsha" <m...@xeb.net> wrote in message
>
> We probably won't decline to third-world status in the next ten
>> years,
>
> of course not, the republican losing, failing hillbilly fuckups are on the
> way DOWN and OUT,
> and the Clinton or Obama democrats are going to fix this mess,
> rememeber they have a history of balanced budgets and surplus,
> just have to tax the oil and defense industry to balance the books, along
> with the wealthy hogs

Pah you people are so screwed: Democrats cannot win elections and
Republicans cannot govern the country. In fact the present lot care so much
more for Saudi Arabia than the US that they ought to apply for citizenship
there.

That way they could get four wives too and live next to Michael Jackson.

Frithiof Andreas Jensen

Jan 23, 2008, 1:39:03 PM1/23/08

"Snowbound" <loose...@ixnay.invalid> skrev i en meddelelse

> In article <4rsap397bq494e83l...@4ax.com>,
> Paul Knudsen <pknu...@NOSPAMyahoo.com> wrote:

> It was once
> common to see whole fields of impalement victims rotting in the sun,
> still alive. Men, women and children.

That's how Vlad Tepes kept the Turkish migrants out. It worked too.

Greg Goss

Jan 26, 2008, 11:46:57 AM1/26/08
"Topp@Work" <topp...@comcast.net> wrote:

>"Paul Ciszek" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>
>> In article <Ju6dnSih3LLJ_xLa...@giganews.com>,
>> Topp@Work <topp...@comcast.net> wrote:
>> >
>> >LOL.
>> >CONGRESS CONTROLS THE MONEY you fool....
>>
>> Don't worry, the Republicans are losing that too. Excuse me, I have to
>> go break up some hanky-panky in the men's room...
>
>Considering the Democrats took congress last year and promised to save the
>world
>in the first hundred days, and did SQUAT, and their ratings are lower than
>the presidents,
>you can bark up that tree all you want...

If the president vetoes everything that they try, then they don't
"control" it until they either have a few more senators, or until they
control the white house.
--
Tomorrow is today already.
Greg Goss, 1989-01-27

Greg Goss

Jan 26, 2008, 11:48:21 AM1/26/08
"Bill DeFranzo" <defr...@verizon.net> wrote:

Rome lasted for a thousand years. If you include the eastern end,
they lasted for two thousand years.

RD (The Sandman)

Jan 26, 2008, 6:07:28 PM1/26/08
Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote in

If they can't override a presidential veto, then, apparently, they aren't
being bi-partisan enough to gain votes from the other side of the aisle.

--
RD (The Sandman)

War is absolute hell.....but to give in
to terrorism is much, much worse

Greg Goss

Jan 27, 2008, 12:53:57 AM1/27/08
"RD (The Sandman)" <rdsandman(spamlock)@comcast.net> wrote:

>> If the president vetoes everything that they try, then they don't

>> "control" it until they either have a few more senators, or until they
>> control the white house.
>
>If they can't override a presidential veto, then, apparently, they aren't
>being bi-partisan enough to gain votes from the other side of the aisle.

If the other party isn't interested in bipartisanship, then the only
way to get bipartisanship is to surrender. Have you considered
bipartisanship with Osama?

It takes two to tango. Until the public told them to f... off, the
Republicans had no interest in dancing.

RD (The Sandman)

Jan 27, 2008, 12:37:10 PM1/27/08

> "RD (The Sandman)" <rdsandman(spamlock)@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>Greg Goss <go...@gossg.org> wrote in
>
>>> If the president vetoes everything that they try, then they don't
>>> "control" it until they either have a few more senators, or until
>>> they control the white house.
>>
>>If they can't override a presidential veto, then, apparently, they
>>aren't being bi-partisan enough to gain votes from the other side of
>>the aisle.
>
> If the other party isn't interested in bipartisanship, then the only
> way to get bipartisanship is to surrender.

Why is it that with both parties, bipartisanship is defined as "my way"?
That holds to both sides of the aisle. Neither side has the high ground
in that argumet.

> Have you considered bipartisanship with Osama?

Which house is he in? Representatives or the Senate? ;)

> It takes two to tango. Until the public told them to f... off, the
> Republicans had no interest in dancing.

As noted above, neither side has the high moral ground on bipartisanship.
Both sides look at it as "I lead or we don't dance".

Paul Ciszek

Jan 27, 2008, 12:45:50 PM1/27/08

In article <Xns9A326C06...@216.196.97.136>,

The Sandman)" <rdsandman(spamlock <rdsandman(spamlock)@comcast.net> wrote:

>As noted above, neither side has the high moral ground on bipartisanship.
>Both sides look at it as "I lead or we don't dance".

The American people voted more Democrats than Republicans into the house,
so the Democrats lead. That's how democracy works.

--
Please reply to: | "One of the hardest parts of my job is to
pciszek at panix dot com | connect Iraq to the War on Terror."
Autoreply is disabled | -- G. W. Bush, 9/7/2006

RD (The Sandman)

Jan 27, 2008, 12:57:28 PM1/27/08
nos...@nospam.com (Paul Ciszek) wrote in

> In article <Xns9A326C06...@216.196.97.136>,
> The Sandman)" <rdsandman(spamlock <rdsandman(spamlock)@comcast.net>
> wrote:
>>
>>As noted above, neither side has the high moral ground on
>>bipartisanship. Both sides look at it as "I lead or we don't dance".
>
> The American people voted more Democrats than Republicans into the
> house, so the Democrats lead. That's how democracy works.

The discussion was a presidential veto. That's also how democracy works.
In order to override that veto (unless you have 2/3s of both houses)
bipartisanship is required. Neither side is very good at that.

Greg Goss

Jan 27, 2008, 1:10:52 PM1/27/08
"RD (The Sandman)" <rdsandman(spamlock)@comcast.net> wrote:

>The discussion was a presidential veto. That's also how democracy works.
>In order to override that veto (unless you have 2/3s of both houses)
>bipartisanship is required. Neither side is very good at that.

I misunderstood RD's point when I posted my sarcastic reply earlier.
The Republicans are better at internal discipline to keep their side
of the non-bi-partisan divide intact. The Democrats are often a
collection of unherdable cats

Look at the current idea of a law to exempt telecoms from any lawsuits
for violating privacy laws. A senator often touted as a possible
Hillary VP is one of the people rumoured to be about to vote against
enforcing laws when rich companies help the government spy on the
general public.

While this law seems to be against the stereotyped spirit of BOTH
parties, bailing out corporate cronies of the Bush presidency seems to
be especially surprising.

RSweeney

Jan 27, 2008, 2:14:28 PM1/27/08

"Greg Goss" <go...@gossg.org> wrote in message

> The Republicans are better at internal discipline to keep their side
> of the non-bi-partisan divide intact. The Democrats are often a
> collection of unherdable cats

Given the number of RINO's and pork barrel merchants in the party, I'd say
the Republicans are fractured too.

It was the pork barrel merchants and their Republican enablers who lost the
last election for the Republicans.