run yo car on Water?

your name

Jun 15, 2008, 12:19:42 PM6/15/08
http://www.runsyourcarwithwater.com/

does this work?
--
If Evolution is out-lawed. Only the Out-laws will evolve.

Lou

Jun 15, 2008, 2:04:10 PM6/15/08

"your name" <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote in message
news:georgewkspam-77BF...@sn-ip.vsrv-sjc.supernews.net...Of course not. You can extract hydrogen (and oxygen) from water, but doing
so requires more energy than you can get back from burning the hydrogen.

Message has been deleted

Al Bundy

Jun 15, 2008, 4:49:08 PM6/15/08

A couple years ago, GM was testing cars running on a mixture of water
and naphthalene. It had approval for ultra low emissions certification
and the testing was being done in Arizona. GM said they abandoned the
development because of freezing problems. I have heard nothing about
it since.
It is puzzling that the collective knowledge of the world cannot come
up with something better than oil. As you say, it takes more energy to
break down the water than you get, but that's because we have not
unlocked a technique that works.There is tremendous energy in chemical
bonds that could be release if we figured out how.

your name

Jun 15, 2008, 5:04:48 PM6/15/08
In article
<e6bf9b54-d24b-4d0a...@k37g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
Al Bundy <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote:

down the road they use Solar generated electricity to break the bond.
It looks promising . Can you wait?

Rod Speed

Jun 15, 2008, 5:54:10 PM6/15/08
Al Bundy <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote

> Lou wrote
>> your name <george...@humboldt1.com> wrote

>>> http://www.runsyourcarwithwater.com/

>>> does this work?

>> Of course not. You can extract hydrogen (and oxygen) from water, but doing
>> so requires more energy than you can get back from burning the hydrogen.

> A couple years ago, GM was testing cars running on a mixture of water and naphthalene.

Hare brained compared with natural oils which can be used in any diesel engine.

> It had approval for ultra low emissions certification and the testing was being done
> in Arizona. GM said they abandoned the development because of freezing problems.

Hardly surprising.

> I have heard nothing about it since.

> It is puzzling that the collective knowledge of the world
> cannot come up with something better than oil.

Nope, no magic wands to wave to do anything about the fundamentals.

> As you say, it takes more energy to break down the water than you
> get, but that's because we have not unlocked a technique that works.

You cant do anything about the basic physics and chemistry.

>There is tremendous energy in chemical bonds that could be release if we figured out how.

We already did, thats why gasoline is such a viable transport fuel.

Rod Speed

Jun 15, 2008, 5:55:20 PM6/15/08

Hydrogen from nukes is much more promising.

> Can you wait?

Dont need to wait.

JonL

Jun 16, 2008, 11:56:45 AM6/16/08
your name wrote:
> http://www.runsyourcarwithwater.com/
>
> does this work?

It works in Japan:

Water-fuel car unveiled in Japan

http://uk.reuters.com/news/video?videoId=84561

Lou

Jun 16, 2008, 7:38:54 PM6/16/08

"JonL" <Jo...@Mayday.com> wrote in message

The claims just don't add up - you put water in, break it down, burn the
results, and get water out, and produce a net power gain to boot. That
makes as much sense as putting a pile of wood ashes in your fireplace and
expecting it to burn and keep your house warm.

Message has been deleted

Cheapo Groovo

Jun 19, 2008, 12:03:35 PM6/19/08
In article <9eGdnZpp47UilMrV...@earthlink.com>,
der...@invalid.net says...
> JonL <Jo...@Mayday.com> wrote:
>
> >It works in Japan:
> No, it doesn't. It doesn't work anyplace in this universe. Your
> bullshit citation is no more authoritative (or believable) than the
> silly link OP posted. You'll use more energy electrolysing the water
> than you'll get out of it, even if you use the AC mains to do it, much
> less your damned automobile ginny; sheesh.... That must be one of the
> revolutionary mileage secrets the big government agencies, automobile
> companies, oil companies -- pick whichever one raises your skirt --
> bought and hid away.

We are just the messengers. Why don't you complain to the news agency
that provided the video or contact the company that made the car?

Ian S. Salisbury

Jun 19, 2008, 4:23:33 PM6/19/08
Derald wrote:
> JonL <Jo...@Mayday.com> wrote:
>
>> It works in Japan:
> No, it doesn't.

Yes, it does :)
But it works less efficiently than tossing the fuel cell and using the
same amount of electricity to charge up a couple batteries.

Zuke

Jun 20, 2008, 12:56:40 AM6/20/08

I was watching the Beverly Hillbilly's today and Jethro had built
a car that ran on water and it was running beautifully. Then he
switched to gas and it broke down. Turned out he had put the valve
in backwards and actually it was the water that broke down.

Those Clampett's were ahead of their time.

Sev

Jun 20, 2008, 2:39:45 PM6/20/08
On Jun 20, 12:56�am, Zuke <m...@privacy.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 19 Jun 2008, Ian S. Salisbury wrote:
> > Derald wrote:

> >> � � � �No, it doesn't.
>
> > Yes, it does :)
> > But it works less efficiently than tossing the fuel cell and using the same
> > amount of electricity to charge up a couple batteries.
>
> I was watching the Beverly Hillbilly's today and Jethro had built
> a car that ran on water and it was running beautifully. �Then he
> switched to gas and it broke down. �Turned out he had put the valve
> in backwards and actually it was the water that broke down.
>
> Those Clampett's were ahead of their time.

They're all going about it the wrong way. The key is to get back to
that medieval technology, the water wheel. See, your passenger dips
into a tank with a ladle, pours it on, and off you go. Works equally
well in reverse.