Cell phone fragility?

Ken

Aug 23, 2008, 12:19:43 PM8/23/08
With a year Tracfone contract I was given a new LG 225 phone. This has
nice features and works well but has a stubby ~1 in. antenna sticking
out one side of the top. Does anyone know from experience if this is
fragile? Break easily? Should I be very cautious with it? I Googled but
didn't see any complaints in a quick search.

TIA

Ken

Truly Stunned

Aug 24, 2008, 7:26:26 AM8/24/08
In article <Xns9B035EE438...@130.133.1.4>,
Ken <inv...@invalid.com> wrote:

> With a year Tracfone contract I was given a new LG 225 phone. This has
> nice features and works well but has a stubby ~1 in. antenna sticking
> out one side of the top. Does anyone know from experience if this is
> fragile? Break easily? Should I be very cautious with it? I Googled but
> didn't see any complaints in a quick search.
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

There is no reason whatsoever at all for any modern cell phone to have a
visible antenna. That stubby appendage that looks like an antenna on
cell phones is completely non-functional, designed solely for the visual
gratification of the end user. You could snap it right off without any
deleterious effect on your phone's reception (although this is not
recommended for aesthetic reasons).

George

Aug 27, 2008, 11:05:19 AM8/27/08

Actually no, Longer physical antennas always help especially on 800 MHz.
I can unscrew the little stub antenna on my phone and there is a
definite decrease in signal and range. Likely the reason visible
antennas mostly disappeared is because they think people want cutsey
"Barbie phones".