apple sauce

jerr...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2008, 11:08:32 AM9/8/08
for years I have followed the old refrain "an apple a day keeps the
doctor away".
And regularly have eaten one or two apples a day.

Now with the high cost of apples I have switched to apple sauce.
My preference is those individual containers that hold, typically, 4
ounces of apple sauce.

If you look closely, the sugar content varies.
My choice is "no sugar added".

-Ogato32

Al Bundy

Sep 8, 2008, 5:06:43 PM9/8/08

Those are cooked and processed apples in the sauce. They do not offer
the same benefits as fresh apples. The fiber is removed. Live
nutrients are killed in the cooking. Time and exposure produces other
changes.
Apples were $4.49/10# bag at Randazzo's last week. Fresh peaches were
only 44¢/# and I bought them instead of apples for a change. I don't
think your doctor will be coming out to see you just because you
switch.