Dying to shop

timeOday

Nov 11, 2007, 12:40:13 AM11/11/07
I'm just glad this was in China rather than here in the US.
So much for communism!
Ah, greed.

<http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/11/10/supermarket.stampede.ap/index.html>

BEIJING, China (AP) -- Shoppers eager to buy goods on sale stampeded at
a Carrefour supermarket in southwestern China on Saturday, trampling
three people to death and injuring at least 31, state media reported.

Anthony Matonak

Nov 11, 2007, 5:02:59 AM11/11/07
timeOday wrote:
> I'm just glad this was in China rather than here in the US.
>
> <http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/asiapcf/11/10/supermarket.stampede.ap/index.html>
>
> BEIJING, China (AP) -- Shoppers eager to buy goods on sale stampeded at
> a Carrefour supermarket in southwestern China on Saturday, trampling
> three people to death and injuring at least 31, state media reported.

People get trampled all over the world. In the UK it's soccer games,
in the US it's rock concerts and the occasional race riot.

Anthony