Please I need Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jeannie

Jan 20, 2008, 2:30:09 AM1/20/08
PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!
Hello,
My name is Jeannie Palmer and I'm from Miami Oklahoma. I'm sending
this because I'm desperate and need some help. My husband was
diagnosed with tongue cancer on January 9th. He had to have a feeding
tube inserted on January 16th and is scheduled to have his tongue
removed on January 25th. My husband has worked for the city of Miami
the past nine years and has rarely been sick therefore he has not used
his health insurance coverage much. We were told by his insurance
company that we have to pay the first $11,600 dollars before they will
pay any part of the hospital bill. I am beside myself and don't know
where to turn or what to do. I tried to appeal the insurances decision
but to no avail we are still being told the same thing. The physician
that is treating my husband has tried to find someone that is "In
network" that can do his surgery but there is no one. The in network
physicians want to treat my husband with radiation first. My husband's
cancer is already in his lymph nodes and time is crucial. I want to do
everything possible to help my husband beat this. I would gladly pay
the $11,000 dollars to save my husband's life but I don't have it. I
was diagnosed with breast cancer last January which caused a strain on
our finances. We had our car reposed and are on the verge of loosing
our home. I have an eleven year old son that has already lost his
father to cancer and I don't want him to have to experience it with
his step dad. Please if anyone has any suggestions on what I can do to
get the insurance to work with us please let me know. Thank you very
much and God Bless you.

Sincerely,

Jeannie Palmer

Shawn Hirn

Jan 20, 2008, 5:06:02 AM1/20/08
In article
<83e297b5-0d0e-4218...@c23g2000hsa.googlegroups.com>,
jeannie <dandj...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Contact the social services office in your community and call your local
elected representatives. Good luck.