The Funeral Industry's vultures

donquijote1954

Nov 23, 2007, 4:27:07 PM11/23/07
Just like the vultures benefit from the Law of the Jungle, the Funeral
Industry profits from some laws no less Darwinistic, and it engages in
eating the most vulnerable, ie. the old and infirm...

Case in point is how they sold to my mom a mausoleum package that
included her burial as well as my own burial --without me knowing! So
now that my mom passed away, I will not be able to sell it because
it's two continuous units and nobody would buy it.

How could there be a law that allows such injustice I don't know, but
I suspect it's all about money. Some well paid foxes --the lawyers--
wrote the law. And the vultures --the salespeople working on
commission-- can only be happy with it. How can an old lady defend
herself against such crafty, hungry predators?

I tell them to transfer my mom to a single unit, and they want to
charge me something like $2,000. I may as well jump with the sharks or
alligators. At least they eat out of need, not out of greed.

The vultures...
http://www.liv.ac.uk/~sdb/Safari-2001/Images/457%20Vultures%20kill.jpg

Sorry, I put the wrong ones... ;)
http://www.dignitymemorial.com/DignityMemorial/Home.aspx?id=Home

WELCOME TO THE JUNGLE
http://webspawner.com/users/donquijote

donquijote1954

Nov 23, 2007, 4:28:47 PM11/23/07

gina

Nov 23, 2007, 5:23:20 PM11/23/07
donquijote1954 wrote:
> Just like the vultures benefit from the Law of the Jungle, the Funeral
> Industry profits from some laws no less Darwinistic, and it engages in
> eating the most vulnerable, ie. the old and infirm...
>
>snip
I had a distant relative that was taken advantage of over the death of
of his wife.
They took the home and later resold it for around a 1,000 times the cost
for the funeral. The relative didn't get a dime of it of course. This
was back, in the early 70's.
It isn't as cut and dried as it sounds. The funeral home did a number of
deceptions and frauds. I didn't find out about it until a year after the
event.
They were very old and very susceptible to con artists and swindlers.
A couple of brothers sold 100 acres to a timber company because the
State raised the taxes beyond what their SS would cover. They asked the
timber company representative if 600.00 was too much. The guy whipped
out his personal checkbook and gave them what they asked. This guy has a
real conscience. His Employer is just as much a saint. This was in the
eighties.
Many times a Developer will come into an area he wants and will
influence the Development Commission/Council Members etc to change the
zoning and thus the taxes, as a way ,to force the sale of the property,
at his price. It's the same corruption as with imminent domain by
Developers through local/state/federal governments. If you have a valued
Natural Resource the Developers will be making contributions to your
Elected Representatives reelection campaigns and making promises.
The world is full of swindlers and liars and politicians.
You cannot trust many people and any business if they smell a easy victim.
Message has been deleted