CNN: Half-ton woman indicted in slaying of nephew

Larry

Aug 22, 2008, 9:59:44 PM8/22/08
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/22/obese.woman.ap/index.html

EDINBURG, Texas (AP) -- Prosecutors are trying to decide how to jail and
bring to court a nearly half-ton, bedridden woman accused of killing her
2-year-old nephew.

A grand jury indicted Mayra Lizbeth Rosales, 27, on Thursday on one count
of first-degree murder and on one count of injury to a child in the death
of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. She previously had been charged with capital murder.

Rosales weighs nearly 1,000 pounds and cannot fit through a door to leave
her home, leaving prosecutors wondering how to bring her to court. As of
Thursday evening, she was not in custody.

Hidalgo County Sheriff Lupe Trevino said that holding her at the county
jail for her trial would be impossible because she needs extensive medical
care.

"She would die," Trevino said in Thursday's online edition of The Monitor
in McAllen.

The grand jury indicted Rosales after an autopsy confirmed investigators'
suspicions that the child died March 18 because he had been struck.
Investigators believe that the toddler was struck at least twice, crushing
his head.

Authorities recommended that Rosales' bail be set at $150,000.

The boy's mother, Jaime Rosales, was charged with injury to a child because
she is accused of leaving her son alone with his aunt. Her bail has been
set at $100,000.

Message has been deleted

Sydney Gondomer

Aug 22, 2008, 10:41:22 PM8/22/08
On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 19:12:26 -0700, lis...@privacy.net wrote:

>On 23 Aug 2008 01:59:44 -0000, in misc.consumers.frugal-living la...@nowhere.com

>I bet the pig needs a c-pap machine.

Hehe! That and a hell of a lot more. I don't believe this story
though. I have never heard of any human weighing that much. five
hundred to seven hundred yes, but not nine hundred and up.

Diggler

Aug 22, 2008, 11:42:05 PM8/22/08

Justin Case

Aug 23, 2008, 1:19:45 AM8/23/08

> Hehe! That and a hell of a lot more. I don't believe this story
> though. I have never heard of any human weighing that much. five
> hundred to seven hundred yes, but not nine hundred and up.

don't forget this is a Mexican, probably getting Federal Aid, and mucho
food stamps, free medical and snacks.

Kel

Aug 23, 2008, 8:50:29 AM8/23/08

I thought it might be Kris Baker when I read the line

Betty

Aug 23, 2008, 9:32:56 AM8/23/08

Sounds a lot like Bobbi Sanchez.

Bluuuue rAjAh

Aug 23, 2008, 9:34:11 AM8/23/08
la...@nowhere.com (Larry) wrote in

Setting bail seems to be a moot point, since they don't know how to
handle her in jail.

JonquilJan

Aug 23, 2008, 5:59:16 PM8/23/08
Why set bail. They know where she is - and will be certain to be able to
track her if she moves around.

BUT - the thing thats being ignored is that she violently KILLED a child.
Doesn't matter how fat - or thin - she is - she killed a child. That seems
to have been forgotten.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Gregory Morrow

Aug 23, 2008, 7:01:32 PM8/23/08

Kel wrote:

----------------------

GM replies:

Or Loafie...

--
Best
Greg

Dave

Aug 24, 2008, 3:51:35 AM8/24/08

> The boy's mother, Jaime Rosales, was charged with injury to a child
> because
> she is accused of leaving her son alone with his aunt. Her bail has been
> set at $100,000.

I think she should be charged with murder, also. You don't leave a
2-year-old with someone who is clearly incapable of caring for the child.
Even if the aunt hadn't deliberately done something to cause injury, a
NEGLECTED (this boy was definitely neglected) 2-year-old can easily find a
way to die within seconds. -Dave

Ragnar

Aug 25, 2008, 10:57:41 AM8/25/08

The fault falls squarely on the mother of the victim. What competent
parent leaves their two year old child in the care of an incapacitated
babysitter? And what was so important that this so-called mother had
to leave her two year old in the care of this bedridden monster? Maybe
the media should scrutinize that issue a little more and worry about
the logistics of moving this woman a little less.
As I see it the whole situation is fucked. On one hand you have an
individual growing to incredibly enormous proportions on what is most
likely public assistance and on the other a mother of a child that
doesn’t have brain one when it comes to parental responsibility.
Obviously this is an extreme case of child neglect and it probably
wasn’t the first dangerous situation this child was placed in its
young life. There are so many fucked up issues surrounding this case,
the alleged murders size being only one of them that most people
wouldn’t even know where to start.

Ragnar

Message has been deleted

Dave

Aug 25, 2008, 1:22:24 PM8/25/08

>>And what was so important that this so-called mother had
>>to leave her two year old in the care of this bedridden monster?
> \
> paper siad she was taking her other child to the dentist.

That makes no sense. You can take two children to the dentist, even if only
one has an appointment. -Dave

NA

Aug 25, 2008, 2:03:05 PM8/25/08
In article
<c71e03e2-b68c-4af9...@s50g2000hsb.googlegroups.com>,
Ragnar <Ragnar...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> The fault falls squarely on the mother of the victim. What competent
> parent leaves their two year old child in the care of an incapacitated
> babysitter? And what was so important that this so-called mother had
> to leave her two year old in the care of this bedridden monster? Maybe
> the media should scrutinize that issue a little more and worry about
> the logistics of moving this woman a little less.
> As I see it the whole situation is fucked. On one hand you have an
> individual growing to incredibly enormous proportions on what is most
> likely public assistance and on the other a mother of a child that

> doesnšt have brain one when it comes to parental responsibility.

> Obviously this is an extreme case of child neglect and it probably

> wasnšt the first dangerous situation this child was placed in its

> young life. There are so many fucked up issues surrounding this case,
> the alleged murders size being only one of them that most people

> wouldnšt even know where to start.

This reminds me of the TV show "Monk". The "whale" who weighs 700 pounds
and has his own apartment in the sf jail :)

Message has been deleted

The Master

Aug 25, 2008, 4:52:34 PM8/25/08
On Mon, 25 Aug 2008, lis...@privacy.net wrote:

> Toddlers are difficult to take anywhere.

And the USA is full of "loving parents" who don't want to be bothered by
their own children. I'm a parent, I know how much a pain in the ass a
toddler can be, and I wouldn't trade in those years for anything.

Message has been deleted

Ragnar

Aug 26, 2008, 9:16:44 AM8/26/08
On Aug 25, 11:41 pm, lisa...@privacy.net wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2008 20:52:34 +0000, in misc.consumers.frugal-living The Master
>
> <tar...@nospam.sdf.lonestar.org.nospam> wrote:
> I would not have left children with this woman but I also don't like to bring a
> toddler to my or other children's appointments.  This woman has 1 year old twins
> that she took with her to the dentist.

Where was the father? Does she even know who it is?

Ragnar

timeOday

Aug 26, 2008, 5:27:54 PM8/26/08
Jabba the Hut is real and she is a child abuser.

Macuser

Dec 21, 2008, 8:38:46 AM12/21/08
Prison food will do her some good. Just saying.

--
http://cashcuddler.com

"Thrift is sexy."