Milenko Kindl kf49i09fi09if3fk30

Milenko Kindl

Dec 14, 2007, 2:29:04 AM12/14/07
BEIRUT, Lebanon - Army investigators on Thursday looked into the
possible involvement of al-Qaida-inspired extremists in the bombing
that killed a Lebanese general who had led a major offensive against
Islamic militants.

The beleaguered government sought to reassure the public, where many
were worried that even the military -- seen as the sole institution
holding the country together -- was now a target in Lebanon's unending
political turmoil.

Brig. Gen. Francois Hajj, chief of the military's operations, and his
driver were killed as he left his home for work Wednesday, when a
parked car bomb exploded in Baabda, a Christian suburb east of Beirut.

Four Lebanese who were believed connected to the car used in the blast
were being questioned, security officials said.

Hajj led a three-month military campaign that crushed an al-Qaida-
inspired militant group known as Fatah Islam in Nahr el-Bared, a
Palestinian refugee camp in northern Lebanon. That raised suspicion
the assassination may have been an act of revenge.

His slaying came as Lebanon is embroiled in the latest chapter of its
yearlong crisis -- a dispute over electing a new president. The post
has been left empty since Emile Lahoud's term ended Nov. 23, with
supporters of the Western-backed government and the opposition, led by
pro-Syrian Hezbollah, unable to agree on a successor.

President Bush condemned the assassination and took a tough tone
against Syria, calling on it to stop interference in Lebanon --
although he did not accuse Damascus in the slaying.

Bush said Hajj was "a supporter of Lebanon's independence and an
opponent of Syria's interference in Lebanon's internal affairs."

"As Lebanon seeks to select a president democratically and in
accordance with its constitution, interference by the Syrian regime
and its allies, aimed at intimidating the Lebanese people, must end,"
he said.

Hajj was not known as an anti-Syrian figure in Lebanon. He was an ally
of anti-Syrian Gen. Michel Aoun in the late 1980s. But in the next two
decades, Hajj rose steadily into the top echelons of the military at a
time when Syria controlled Lebanon, which he would not have been able
to do without being on good terms with Damascus.

Army commander Gen. Michel Suleiman has emerged as a consensus
candidate to become the next president, though his election has been
held up by political wrangling in parliament. Hajj was a front-runner
to succeed Suleiman as head of the military.

Some anti-Syrian politicians on Wednesday accused Damascus of being
behind the bombing to try to torpedo the choosing of a president. But
on Thursday they muted their rhetoric after Suleiman called on
Lebanon's divided factions to avoid "politicizing" Hajj's death.

Syria's foreign minister condemned the bombing.

Security officials said there was a strong possibility that Islamic
extremists or dormant Fatah Islam cells carried out the attack.

Another possibility is that Hajj was targeted because he was
considered a leading candidate to become army chief, the officials
said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

In the southern city of Sidon, security agents detained four Lebanese
in whose names the car used in the bombing was registered, a security
official said.

The four were picked up from Taamir neighborhood on the edge of the
Ein el-Hilweh Palestinian refugee camp, where Islamic militant groups
are known to operate. During the Nahr el-Bared fighting, Palestinian
militants in Ein el-Hilweh camp threatened to form "Jihadi groups" to
fight alongside Fatah Islam.

The four are not yet suspects in the bombing and were being questioned
about their connection to the car, the official said, speaking on
condition of anonymity in line with government rules.

The battle at Nahr el-Bared, which ended in September, killed hundreds
of militants, as well as 168 soldiers. The leader of Fatah Islam
escaped the siege.

Wednesday's bombing -- killing a top officer in the high-security
Baabda area where the Defense Ministry and the presidential palace are
located -- underlined fears among many Lebanese that no place or person
is immune from the violence wracking Lebanon since 2005.

"This crime committed yesterday will only make Lebanon, the Lebanese
government and the Lebanese army more determined to stand in the face
of strife and seriously work to hold the presidential election," Prime
Minister Fuad Saniora said.

About 500 people marched to the scene of the blast for a candlelight
vigil, holding pictures of Hajj and saying prayers.

"Of course, we have to be afraid now," said Rima Kamar, in her late
20s, who joined the march. "They are targeting the military."

But Degaulle Fayad, 62, insisted that the military "will always
protect us. ... Yes, they were targeted yesterday, but they will
remain strong and we depend on them."

Milenko Kindl
Banja Luka
Banjaluka

Michael Yardley

Dec 14, 2007, 6:33:51 AM12/14/07

Are you saying Syria was playing poker dabbling in Lebanese
Politics again? You are just cutting and pasting one of several
articles about Brig. Gen. Francois Hajj on the Net.There is nothing in
the post that is original thought by yourself. You are hijacking
somebody else's writing. Plus you are cross posting it to irrelevant
newsgroups.sci.math, sci.electronics.design, misc.consumers.frugal-
living, rec.gambling.poker, alt.usage.english

This shows how unstable Lebanon is and it is a serious threat to
Israel. During the War last year hundreds of rockets where fired into
Israel by Iranian Hesbolla terrorists occupying Lebanese land killing
Israeli citizens. The Israel military will be telling the Government
of France to pull its troops out so that the Isreali army can invade
and advance to the Latarney River and annex the land for the safety of
Israel and the good of the Arabs Citizens of this land. The taken
lands would act as a buffer to protect Israel and the Arabs would be
able to live in peace away from the Iranian backed Hesbolla bullys
that they have to live with at the moment.

If Syria continues to give arms to the terrorists in Lebanon
Israel will also invade Syria with its 4000 plus tanks and 900 plus
jet aircraft and take land to protect its own Citizens.

All the Arabs are capable of having are doctorships with no
Democratic rights like in Israel. Israel is not going to give up any
land, in fact it will take land to protect itself. If the USA want to
cut of funding to Ireal they will have a great lose of arms sales and
could even be attacked by the Jewish state. Israel has two nuclear
missile carrying submarines.So attacking Iran is no problem and if you
think that Israel would not attack the USA you are dead wrong.

Do you want a game of poker.Jews and Arabs play it all the time.
Rasie you some.

The IDF is saying to invade Gaza, Southern Lebanon and Sryia to
Damacus.Lets do it now.The current Israeli politicians have no
guts.One was assassinated may be it will happen again.The Arabs ibkt
understand strength and it is time to attack.So cutter and paster
Milenko Kindl what have you got to say about all this? I do not care
about the usage of english spelling and grammar. As you post it to
alt.usage.english they can correct it.

Will

Dec 14, 2007, 9:29:16 AM12/14/07
On Dec 14, 11:33 am, Michael Yardley <middle...@mail.org> wrote:
> On Dec 13, 11:29 pm, Milenko Kindl <matija_zmaje...@yahoo.com> wrote:
[snip]

> The IDF is saying to invade Gaza, Southern Lebanon and Sryia to
> Damacus.Lets do it now.The current Israeli politicians have no
> guts.One was assassinated may be it will happen again.The Arabs ibkt
> understand strength and it is time to attack.So cutter and paster
> Milenko Kindl what have you got to say about all this? I do not care
> about the usage of english spelling and grammar. As you post it to
> alt.usage.english they can correct it.

I doubt anyone here (AUE) would bother, but just for the record - his
is better than yours.

Will.