TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale

jru...@yahoo.com

Mar 28, 2008, 10:34:47 PM3/28/08
TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo

George Grapman

Mar 28, 2008, 11:19:31 PM3/28/08
jru...@yahoo.com wrote:
> TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
> Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo
Wow! $28 for something that is being given away.

George Grapman

Mar 28, 2008, 11:35:39 PM3/28/08
jru...@yahoo.com wrote:
> TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
> Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo

http://www.wcpo.com/content/news/localshows/dontwasteyourmoney/story.aspx?content_id=f971849b-585b-4a2f-a707-adc46fed0eeb

Gerard Catapano of Consumer Reports says "the Government has set up a
program to help people buy a digital Convert Box, by offering a 40
dollar coupon to purchase a box."

Just call 888-DTV-2009..or go to www.dtv2009.gov. Your coupon should
arrive in a couple of months.

So stay informed, so you don't waste your money.

I'm John Matarese.

Bert Hyman

Mar 29, 2008, 8:51:17 AM3/29/08
In news:20080328223451.435$Q...@newsreader.com jru...@yahoo.com wrote:

> TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
> Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo

https://www.dtv2009.gov/FAQ.aspx

11. Can coupons be sold?

No. It is illegal to sell, duplicate or tamper with the coupon.

Good luck.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@iphouse.com

Jer

Mar 29, 2008, 9:08:43 AM3/29/08
Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:20080328223451.435$Q...@newsreader.com jru...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
>> Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo
>
> https://www.dtv2009.gov/FAQ.aspx
>
> 11. Can coupons be sold?
>
> No. It is illegal to sell, duplicate or tamper with the coupon.
>
> Good luck.

What makes you think anyone actually cares what is or isn't legal for
these coupons?

--
jer
email reply - I am not a 'ten'

Ant

Mar 29, 2008, 10:30:29 AM3/29/08
On 3/29/2008 5:51 AM PT, Bert Hyman typed:

> In news:20080328223451.435$Q...@newsreader.com jru...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
>> TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
>> Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo
>
> https://www.dtv2009.gov/FAQ.aspx
>
> 11. Can coupons be sold?
>
> No. It is illegal to sell, duplicate or tamper with the coupon.
>
> Good luck.

Turn the spammer in to ab...@newsreader.com and Yahoo!'s abuse
department. :P
--
"Since the world began, we have never exterminated. We probably shall
never exterminate as much as one single insect species. If there was
\ _ / Remove ANT from e-mail address: phi...@earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANT...@zimage.com

T Shadow

Mar 29, 2008, 3:35:28 PM3/29/08

"Jer" <gd...@airmail.ten> wrote in message

AFAICT the "coupons" are tied to an address, Being like a credit/debit card
they get instant verification as to how many have been sold for that
address.

Risk $28 to save $12? Not even if I couldn't get my own coupons.

Jer

Mar 29, 2008, 3:32:31 PM3/29/08

And you think a sales droid is gonna give a flip about an address? Like
the FEMA cards? Shee-it. People use other people's cards all the time
- they don't care if the names are different even if they bothered to
look. Plastic? Ka-ching! That's all they care about.

Bill R

Mar 29, 2008, 3:37:09 PM3/29/08
jru...@yahoo.com wrote:

> TV Converter Box Coupon for Sale. Takes $40 off payment for TV Converter
> Box to get digital TV signal on analog/old TV. Valid to 5/27/2008. $28/bo

The buyer may not be able to use it (and selling them IS illegal). You
are MUCH better off buying a box with the coupon and selling it (that IS
legal).
--
Bill R.

Remove nospam_ and x in e-mail address to reply by e-mail

Rick

Mar 29, 2008, 5:35:55 PM3/29/08

I care more about what is or isn't stupid about paying money for a
coupon you can get for free.

Rick

T Shadow

Mar 29, 2008, 6:09:19 PM3/29/08
"Jer" <gd...@airmail.ten> wrote in message

I think the card won't work because it's already been used.
Buy all you want.

Jer

Mar 29, 2008, 7:35:55 PM3/29/08

Well, a guy over here has redeemed a coupla dozen coupons for himself,
having filed for them using his neighbor's names and addresses. He
redeems the coupons at a variety of stores, then sells the converters at
a local flea market. A neighbor asked him how much he sells the boxes
for all he said was, "making a killing off these idiots!" He's bought
some coupons for $25, redeems, and sells those boxes too.

Yeah, that coupon program has a lot of integrity embedded in the rules.

Jer

Mar 29, 2008, 7:40:35 PM3/29/08

Well, you know they're free, and I know they're free, and some others
around here know they're free, but I know a bunch of folks that don't
know squat. Which is odd because these people are usually at the taking
end of any 'free' line no matter what it is. Having to wait for the
free shit is likely a problem, so I presume they've been a tad discouraged.

Message has been deleted