how much are you all paying for cell phone service and are you happy with your plan?

JL

Dec 21, 2007, 11:54:18 PM12/21/07
I'd like to do a survey of how you all like your plans. I just signed
up with Sprint. $59/month for the "550 anytime minutes plan" for 2
phones (family plan--wife and I have to share the 550 minutes) plus
$15/month for the Access Pack (unlimited web browsing on the phone).
That's a total of $74/month for 2 phones with 550 anytime minutes. Plus
we received 2 brand new phones -- the LG LX-160 which are nice and that
have great screens.

There's a TV pack for $20/month that includes the web browsing in the
Access Pack plus allows you to watch shows from over 20 different
networks on your phone -- like ABC, CBS, Comedy Central, etc.. I'm not
sure if watching TV on the phone eats up your anytime minutes. If not,
I'll probably delete the Access Pack and upgrade to the TV Pack.

A friend of mine has Revol but he says the coverage area is spotty.

Daniel T.

Dec 21, 2007, 11:46:12 PM12/21/07
On Dec 21, 11:54 pm, JL <no...@nowheresville.biz> wrote:

> I'd like to do a survey of how you all like your plans.  I just signed
> up with Sprint.  $59/month for the "550 anytime minutes plan" for 2
> phones (family plan--wife and I have to share the 550 minutes) plus
> $15/month for the Access Pack (unlimited web browsing on the phone).
> That's a total of $74/month for 2 phones with 550 anytime minutes.  Plus
> we received 2 brand new phones -- the LG LX-160 which are nice and that
> have great screens.

Wow, that's expensive. I got 3 (free) phones and 1000 minutes,
unlimited minutes nights and weekends, and unlimited minutes when
calling each-other for only $100 (after taxes, that's my final bill.)

George

Dec 22, 2007, 9:07:22 AM12/22/07

I don't think the walmart low prices everyday thing works for cellphones
(or other things for that matter). There is more to cell phone service
than the cost of the plan. You also need a carrier that has good
coverage where you will use the phone. For example tmobile and Sprint
are not good choices here. Guess which ones have the lowest prices?

jl

Dec 22, 2007, 11:50:09 AM12/22/07

> Wow, that's expensive. I got 3 (free) phones and 1000 minutes,
> unlimited minutes nights and weekends, and unlimited minutes when
> calling each-other for only $100 (after taxes, that's my final bill.)

Sprint has a 700 anytime family plan for $69.99 and a 1400 anytime
minute family plan for $89.99 (for 2 phones). Plus add an extra
9.99/month for having a 3rd phone. That also includes unlimited calling
each other and nights/weekend. Also, the phones are free.

What service are you using?