Don't drain bathwater...use for flushing toliet and brushing teeth

Shadowland

Oct 13, 2007, 4:24:37 PM10/13/07
Our fresh water supply is under threat !

An easy way to conserve water is to use your used bath water to flush
the toliet.
I'm mean heck, the tub and toliet are right next to each other
anyhow, right ?
Just have a bucket handy and there you go.

And at the beginning of you bath/shower, why not brush your teeth in
that clean water ?

If you use a pure soap like Ivory, you may also use the water to
water your plants with.

Shadowland

Oct 13, 2007, 4:32:00 PM10/13/07
I forgot to mention that during the cold season, bath water should
definately not be drained.
There's a lot of heat in that water that will help heat your house.
Also that humidity is good in the winter for warmth.

At least keep the water until it's cold.

Rod Speed

Oct 13, 2007, 4:39:42 PM10/13/07
Shadowland <saint...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Our fresh water supply is under threat !

Mine isnt.

> An easy way to conserve water is to use your used bath water to flush the toliet.
> I'm mean heck, the tub and toliet are right next to each other anyhow, right ?

Mine arent. And I dont even have a bath, I have a shower instead.

> Just have a bucket handy and there you go.

Wont work for me.

> And at the beginning of you bath/shower, why not brush your teeth in that clean water ?

Dont bother to brush my teeth.

> If you use a pure soap like Ivory, you may also use the water to water your plants with.

Dont have any plants.

Al Bundy

Oct 13, 2007, 5:45:08 PM10/13/07

How about attaching a marine bilge pump to the side of the toilet tank
and running a line to the tub? Then just fill the toilet as needed.
You could carefully drill a hole in the side of the tub to run a hose
there and eliminate the bucket brigade.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Oct 13, 2007, 10:26:59 PM10/13/07

"Shadowland" <saint...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

and here i thought were all supposed to be showering to save water.
i know i certainly don't want to stand around in dirty, soapy water
until my shower is done.