Cheap perosnla checks to order?

1 view

m...@privacy.net

Oct 2, 2007, 11:59:21 AM10/2/07
Anyone have advice on where to order some printed
checks for my personal checking acct?

My local bank is outrageous on check printing charges.

Rick

Oct 2, 2007, 12:37:27 PM10/2/07

Personally, we've been using "Checks in the Mail" for about 8 years and
have never had any problem with them. The web address is:

www.citm.com

Rick

Message has been deleted

m...@privacy.net

Oct 2, 2007, 3:38:48 PM10/2/07
>Since I finally started paying bills on line (late learner), I've cut my
>check usage to about 10 / year (seems to be primarily tax payments & a
>quarter water bill).
>
>Save the stamp, pay at your convenience & save on the check costs.

Understand

But my landlord does not take electronic payments that
I know of

skar...@gmail.com

Oct 2, 2007, 4:17:14 PM10/2/07
Wal-Mart does check printing. We have been using their service for the
past couple of years and didn't have any problems.

Go to http://www.walmart.com/moneycenter and click on the link or go
directly using http://www.walmartchecks.com/

goa...@fractious.net

Oct 2, 2007, 4:24:02 PM10/2/07
m...@privacy.net writes:

> >Since I finally started paying bills on line (late learner), I've cut my

> >Save the stamp, pay at your convenience & save on the check costs.

> But my landlord does not take electronic payments that
> I know of

If your landlord has a name and postal mailing address, most banks
with online bill-payment will simply print and mail a paper check
to him.

Some landlords, of course, may not like that, either. One place
I used to live, the landlord insisted that I leave the paper
check in his mailbox on the first of the month. (according to
my lease, while it was *due* on the first, I had like 9 days
to get it to him before it was considered late - but if it
was not in his mailbox on the first, he'd start calling me
each day. Annoying as hell and, IMO, rather petty on his part).

Anyway, I've got at least three or four bills that I pay
via my bank's online payment deal where they cut a paper
check and mail it. Nice - no cost to me - no printing
of checks, no buying of stamps, nada.

FWIW2, I've used Checks in the Mail in the past to have
checks printed and never had a problem at all. Reasonable
price, surprisingly fast turnaround.

m...@privacy.net

Oct 2, 2007, 4:33:20 PM10/2/07
>Anyway, I've got at least three or four bills that I pay
>via my bank's online payment deal where they cut a paper
>check and mail it. Nice - no cost to me - no printing
>of checks, no buying of stamps, nada.

OK will check it out

>FWIW2, I've used Checks in the Mail in the past to have
>checks printed and never had a problem at all. Reasonable
>price, surprisingly fast turnaround.

Good to know thanks!

m...@privacy.net

Oct 2, 2007, 4:35:23 PM10/2/07

Interesting!

Can you do this thru any local Walmart store?

Or is it online only?

I'm wondering if I could place and order and pick it up
at local super Walmart to save shipping costs?

Shawn Hirn

Oct 2, 2007, 7:27:22 PM10/2/07
In article <8lq4g3lkmhfkf23lj...@4ax.com>, m...@privacy.net
wrote:

> Anyone have advice on where to order some printed
> checks for my personal checking acct?
>
> My local bank is outrageous on check printing charges.

Do online banking and stop using paper checks. Save a few trees and
postage cost.

Gini

Oct 2, 2007, 7:41:54 PM10/2/07

<m...@privacy.net> wrote

> Anyone have advice on where to order some printed
> checks for my personal checking acct?
>
> My local bank is outrageous on check printing charges.
==
I cycle through the companies that have cheap new customer rates.

larry

Oct 2, 2007, 8:05:40 PM10/2/07

Or find a bank with free checking, that gives you the checks
for free. (Washington Mutual is my fav)

-larry /dallas

RivahCat

Oct 2, 2007, 8:29:53 PM10/2/07
On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 10:59:21 -0500, a day that will live in infamy,
stood on a soapbox and proclaimed:

:
:My local bank is outrageous on check printing charges.
:
ORDER?!? Try printing your own!!

There are several very good check-printing programs out there, most
notably VersaCheck, which offers both personal and business check
printing. I've used it (and another, lower-priced one) for years, and
never had a check refused or not go thru.

Legally, tho, you can write a check on a table napkin with a crayon and,
if your bank will accept it, it is legal tender.

Of course, I live by my debit card and online banking with bill paying.
The only check I write much any more is for my rent, which I HAND-
DELIVER to be sure they get it on time and can't claim otherwise.
--
RivahCat >^..^<
"IN BAST WE TRUST"

Gary Heston

Oct 2, 2007, 9:59:09 PM10/2/07

I use www.checksunlimited.com and have been quite satisfied.

Gary

--
Gary Heston ghe...@hiwaay.net http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

Yoko Onos' former driver tried to extort $2M from her, threating to
"release embarassing recordings...". What, he has a copy of her album?

goa...@fractious.net

Oct 3, 2007, 8:30:48 AM10/3/07
ghe...@hiwaay.net (Gary Heston) writes:

> I use www.checksunlimited.com and have been quite satisfied.

Checks Unlimited used to be called Current Checks, the check-printing
division of the large greeting card printers. They're okay and
have been around for a very long time.

ra...@vt.edu

Oct 3, 2007, 3:09:41 PM10/3/07
m...@privacy.net wrote:
> Anyone have advice on where to order some printed
> checks for my personal checking acct?

My problem with most of the cheap check places is they charge
a small amount for the first order and then go up to about what
the bank charges. I found this place http://www.promisechecks.com/
which claims they don't do that. They are a "Christian" check
printing company and they like to talk about the checks with Bible
verses on them, but they also have plain checks with no religious
message. The price seems good for basic no-frills checks and they
have a preview sort of function when you order to see what the checks
will look like with your info printed on them.

I've ordered both personal and business checks from them, but have
not needed to reorder yet.

Bill Ranck
Blacksburg, Va.

m...@privacy.net

Oct 3, 2007, 3:12:48 PM10/3/07
>My problem with most of the cheap check places is they charge
>a small amount for the first order and then go up to about what
>the bank charges. I found this place http://www.promisechecks.com/
>which claims they don't do that. They are a "Christian" check
>printing company and they like to talk about the checks with Bible
>verses on them, but they also have plain checks with no religious
>message. The price seems good for basic no-frills checks and they
>have a preview sort of function when you order to see what the checks
>will look like with your info printed on them.
>
>I've ordered both personal and business checks from them, but have
>not needed to reorder yet.

Thanks Bill I will def chk em out!

Gary Heston

Oct 3, 2007, 9:00:22 PM10/3/07

Current Checks merged with Checks Unlimited; I was buying from Current
before the merger. They've kept the service up and my favorite design
available.

m...@privacy.net

Oct 4, 2007, 10:55:56 AM10/4/07

Do you have to order online for their checks on can it
be done at any Walmart?

Or..can it be ordered online and delivered to a local
Walmart to save shipping?

Basically how does it work for Walmart?

arkienurse

Oct 5, 2007, 2:37:42 PM10/5/07
I have been ordering from checks in the mail for years. Pretty reasonable
prices, depending on what you want on the checks. But I haven't had to
order checks in 2 years because most of my bills are paid online now. And
my debit card at wally world and the grocery store.

http://secure.checksinthemail.com/