Underlying the pandemic off idiocy in America....

phil scott

Aug 14, 2008, 9:05:28 AM8/14/08
There have been several recent news reports that in agregate touch on
the probable cause.. i will mention them here without a lot of
elaboration.

1. "young engineers" found lacking today. A cause according to
this article and earlier research on brain development is that the
brain does not fully develop or remain developed lacking three
dimensional involvement. The sedentary student who does not fix
his own car, have a job requiring manual skills suffers a lack of
overall brain develpment and a resulting inability to think
effectively.

2. Brain damage due to wear and tear of neurons related to decision
making... very recent research reveals that such excercise creates
waste products (prions, partial protiens) in the cells, that are toxic
and accumulate forming plaques in the brain and attached to the
neurons themselves (lewey bodies). Too many decisions in one day,
without time for the brain to process the data result in bad
decisions later in the day... those of course create a chain reaction
of more bad decisions and debilitating stressors.

This produces a gross and unnecessary acceleration of the debilitating
aspects of the aging process.

And my own view from 67 years experience in the business and
engineering community. Accumulating stressors in the culture, not
realized as damaging because each stressor by itself is not overly
stressing... each requiring decisions etc.. and each having to be
structured to be compatible with the other stressors.....

The proponents of each stressor though act and expect that the
demand is reasonable, tolerable, necessary and a good thing..... when
in actual practice these accumulate to form a massively debilitating
overload... loss of efficiency and in the case of a nation, loss of
national performance and the ensuing economic collapse.

**
There are a vast array of neurological factors... to illustrate one,
dopamine in the brain .... depletion due to excess negative stress
for prolonged periods underlies a disease called Parkinsons.. shaking
palsy, stiff gate, pale lack of expression and dementia. (evidenced
also by this build up of plaques, prions, amyloids)

Stress beyonds ones ability to cope pleasantly, or allowing a pleasant
life, or worse association with abusive people, depletes this bit of
organic chemistry... the chain reaction ruins lives from early on..
decades before this final onset and ruin.

**
Apparent solutions, preventive measures.

- enjoy life, associate with enjoyable people.

- engage in active sport, and constructive physical behavior (build
things).

- Eat well, lots of fresh anti oxidants, green leafy vegitables
(salads), fruits.. and fish.. eat animal protien sparingly.

- enjoy your work..if you dont arrange so that it is enjoyable or
change occupations.

- Reduce or eliminate synthetic stressors..that is demand by others
that you tow their line...and perform to their standard (often a bogus
standard), on their time, for their reasons (as with most human
endeavor largely bogus as well), with no regard to your own
requirements for a pleasant life. (almost impossible in this
culture)..

This is attainable by becoming completely competent professionally
then defiining how you relate to clients... it is also attainable by
living a low overhead cost, simple life style...or by both means.

Under these conditions, and with some other aspects .. de-
amyloidization of the brain...gross resurgence is possible.

Phil scott

terryc

Aug 14, 2008, 11:08:16 AM8/14/08
On Thu, 14 Aug 2008 06:05:28 -0700, phil scott wrote:

> Under these conditions, and with some other aspects .. de-
> amyloidization of the brain...gross resurgence is possible.

alternatively,
http://www.thelasthope.org
Go to talks
Download the talk "The Zen of the Hacker"
Different perspective.

m...@privacy.net

Aug 14, 2008, 4:36:44 PM8/14/08
phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote:

>There have been several recent news reports that in agregate touch on
>the probable cause.. i will mention them here without a lot of
>elaboration.

Agree with ALL that!

ares

Aug 15, 2008, 9:17:11 PM8/15/08
Too many decisions in one day,
without time for the brain to process the data

This is why I refuse to talk with telemarketers on the phone any more.....
ares

ares

Aug 15, 2008, 9:35:47 PM8/15/08

And in addition, yes, I am noticing this and am surprised that not many
people seem bothered by it; it's like it's
insidious and nobody really realizes what is going on. Many people
including myself are having memory problems.
A big part of it is fueled by capitalism. And it's the deluge of junk mail,
the email spam, the fine print, the privacy policies, the consent forms, the
having to be PC, burying anything that needs to be accomplished under piles
of beaurocracy, the introduction of a new operating system when you're
finally getting used to the current one, the rapid changing and
introductions of other high tech products, the squeeze on workers to work
longer hours and produce more in those hours.......
ares

Lou

Aug 16, 2008, 11:25:35 AM8/16/08

"ares" <ar...@verizon.net> wrote in message news:T9qpk.18$UX.9@trnddc03...

> And in addition, yes, I am noticing this and am surprised that not many
> people seem bothered by it; it's like it's
> insidious and nobody really realizes what is going on. Many people
> including myself are having memory problems.
> A big part of it is fueled by capitalism.

You really think your brain would function better, or any differently, if
you lived in a different economic system? Which one?

phil scott

Aug 17, 2008, 4:18:10 AM8/17/08
On Aug 16, 8:25 am, "Lou" <lpog...@verizon.net> wrote:
> "ares" <a...@verizon.net> wrote in messagenews:T9qpk.18$UX.9@trnddc03...

the US may still be among the best...however I do business with others
from around
the world... some nations are a lot more sane than the US by a wide
margin.. Norway comes
to mind. not a lot of others, maybe Japan.

the ambient level of bogus notions will indeed have negative effects
on the population at large... bright
folk though not as much as others.

imo

Phil scott

Rod Speed

Aug 17, 2008, 5:23:55 AM8/17/08
phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote

> Lou <lpog...@verizon.net> wrote
>> ares <a...@verizon.net> wrote

>>> And in addition, yes, I am noticing this and am surprised

>>> that not many people seem bothered by it; it's like it's
>>> insidious and nobody really realizes what is going on.
>>> Many people including myself are having memory problems.

>>> A big part of it is fueled by capitalism.

>> You really think your brain would function better, or any differently,
>> if you lived in a different economic system? Which one?

> the US may still be among the best...however I do business with
> others from around the world... some nations are a lot more sane
> than the US by a wide margin.. Norway comes to mind.

Have a look at their suicide rate sometime.

> not a lot of others, maybe Japan.

Have a look at what they got up to prior to WW2.

> the ambient level of bogus notions will indeed
> have negative effects on the population at large...

Nope.

> bright folk though not as much as others.

> imo

GHY

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 18, 2008, 1:00:56 PM8/18/08
On Aug 17, 4:18 am, phil scott <p...@philscott.net> wrote:

> the US may still be among the best...however I do business with others
> from around
> the world... some nations are a lot more sane than the US by a wide
> margin..  Norway comes
> to mind.  not a lot of others, maybe Japan.

I take it you've never seen any Japanese television programs...

Cindy Hamilton

phil scott

Aug 19, 2008, 12:24:56 PM8/19/08
On Aug 18, 10:00 am, Cindy Hamilton <angelicapagane...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

Ive seen some of thier cartoons... very nice... 4 chann also came out
of japan.. now thas messy.

Phil scott

Cindy Hamilton

Aug 19, 2008, 1:53:37 PM8/19/08
On Aug 19, 12:24 pm, phil scott <p...@philscott.net> wrote:

> Ive seen some of thier cartoons... very nice...  4 chann also came out
> of japan..  now thas messy.

Japanese game shows can be quite surprising. Youtube has an
assortment.

Cindy Hamilton

Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply

Aug 19, 2008, 2:11:00 PM8/19/08
Cindy Hamilton wrote:

> Japanese game shows can be quite surprising. Youtube has an
> assortment.

ABC also has "I survived a Japanese game show" on their streaming video
site.