investment advice

Lou

Oct 1, 2008, 12:47:01 PM10/1/08
If you had purchased $1,000 of Delta Air Lines stock one year ago, you would
have $49 left. With Fannie Mae, you would have $2.50 left of the original
$1,000. With AIG, you would have less than $15 left. But, if you had
purchased $1,000 worth of beer one year ago, drunk all of the beer, then
turned in the cans for the aluminum recycling REFUND, you would have $214
cash. Based on the above, the best current investment advice is to drink
heavily and recycle

Jeff

Sep 30, 2008, 1:42:37 PM9/30/08
Finally, an investment plan that I can live with.

Jeff

catalpa

Oct 1, 2008, 5:16:09 PM10/1/08

"Lou" <lpo...@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:gc09i7$6qu$1...@aioe.org...

In exactly what state and city would you get this $214?

In NY beer is about $20 for a case of 24 cans. $1000 gets you 50 cases or
1200 cans. Returning the 1200 cans for the 5 cent deposit nets you only $60.

Vic Smith

Oct 1, 2008, 5:25:45 PM10/1/08
On Wed, 01 Oct 2008 21:16:09 GMT, "catalpa" <cat...@entertab.org>
wrote:

Don't mess up a good story with questions.
Besides, even at your prices, the beer still does better in the
example.
I wonder how it would work with bottled beer.
Don't know if they have a deposit.

--Vic

Dennis

Oct 1, 2008, 7:29:44 PM10/1/08

Nickel a bottle deposit here in Oregon. I don't buy much in bottles
any more (kegerators rock!), but I think I'm still ahead going with
the beer. ;-)

Dennis (evil)
--
I'm a hands-on, footloose, knee-jerk head case. -George Carlin

Zuke

Oct 2, 2008, 1:32:50 PM10/2/08

That's nothing. What if you packaged the urine and sold it on
the internet as a "natural supplement"?

rick++

Oct 3, 2008, 11:06:20 AM10/3/08
Diversification of asset classes.
Some things went down, some things went up.
You can cherry pick the huge winners and losers
in retrospective.

JonL

Oct 5, 2008, 12:11:10 AM10/5/08

Sadly, the refund amount is totally unrealistic. Even ultra-cheap beer @
75 cents wouldn't yield a $214 refund.

Shaun Eli

Oct 5, 2008, 10:31:08 AM10/5/08
Yeah, but the house you were drinking the beer in is worth less than
it was a year ago, and with all the empty beer cans sitting around you
probably didn't get any offers to buy the house.

Plus, the cost of the gas required to drive back to the store to
return the cans has gone up.

catalpa

Oct 5, 2008, 4:07:32 PM10/5/08

"Shaun Eli" <missin...@brainchampagne.com> wrote in message

You have to drive to the store anyway to buy more beer.