Best Internet Service Provider

Stuart

Aug 7, 2007, 12:25:28 AM8/7/07
I want to change my ISP and need your input.
Tell me what you use, how fast are downloads, and how much it costs.
Thank you all,
S2

Anthony Matonak

Aug 7, 2007, 12:53:50 AM8/7/07
Stuart wrote:
> I want to change my ISP and need your input.
> Tell me what you use, how fast are downloads, and how much it costs.

Perhaps you might want to limit replies to people living in the
same country as yourself? Maybe even the same State or City?

What I want is FIOS, 30Mbps to start and Gigabit for a little more.

I could turn blue, die, decompose and come back as Elvis before
they'll install it though. Why sell real broadband where there
is plenty of DSL to go around?

<Sigh>

Anthony

nicks...@ece.villanova.edu

Aug 7, 2007, 7:18:42 AM8/7/07
Anthony Matonak <antho...@nothing.like.socal.rr.com> wrote:

>What I want is FIOS, 30Mbps to start and Gigabit for a little more.
>
>I could turn blue, die, decompose and come back as Elvis before
>they'll install it though. Why sell real broadband where there
>is plenty of DSL to go around?

Verizon's installing FIOS in my neighborhood (with door-to-door
salesmen with big discounts :-) But DSL's enough for me, so far.
I want my phone to work in a power outage.

Nick

E Z Peaces

Aug 7, 2007, 11:27:26 AM8/7/07
I think Verizon includes a battery backup good for eight hours or more.
Message has been deleted

Lori

Aug 7, 2007, 12:53:05 PM8/7/07

"E Z Peaces" <ca...@invalid.invalid> wrote in message

Keep an eye on their prices for a while. When they started here in Tampa
area it was about $130 a month for FIOS internet, T.V. and phone. Now they
are offering it for $99 with a 1 year contract. I don't need the landline
or the contract.

Charles Quinn

Aug 7, 2007, 8:37:56 PM8/7/07
Stuart <s2...@bellsouth.net> wrote in

My neighbors wireless. It is free.

--

Charles
The significant problems we face cannot be solved

Shawn Hirn

Aug 10, 2007, 6:19:26 AM8/10/07
In article <nhsfb3li3i959agcp...@4ax.com>,
Stuart <s2...@bellsouth.net> wrote:

This depends on where in the world you live. Not all ISPs operate in all
areas of the world, and no ISPs operate consistently well across their
entire coverage area. Ask your friends, neighbors, family, and
colleagues what their experiences with ISPs in YOUR area are.

Shawn Hirn

Aug 10, 2007, 6:22:54 AM8/10/07
In article <46b8a38c$0$8921$4c36...@roadrunner.com>,

"Lori" <Nomail.com> wrote:

> Keep an eye on their prices for a while. When they started here in Tampa
> area it was about $130 a month for FIOS internet, T.V. and phone. Now they
> are offering it for $99 with a 1 year contract. I don't need the landline
> or the contract.

I would switch to FIOS in a New York minute if it was available in my
area. My best friend is now in gloat mode because FIOS is being
installed now in his neighborhood, but its not due for another three
years or so in my area.

We are both looking forward to the day when we can tell Comcast to get
lost! For both broadband ISP service and television.