Anyone ever had their gutters replaced?

OhioGuy

Nov 7, 2007, 1:08:42 PM11/7/07
I'm in a position where I need to have my gutters replaced, and I'm
wondering what a fair price is for the work.

I've done the tear-out myself, so that has all been finished. (old gutters
completely removed)

I have two things that need done:

1) 170' of gutter around the roof needs installed, and 2 new downspouts need
run. It is approx 23' up off the ground

2) approx 55' of gutter running around the front porch needs installed, plus
2 new downspouts. This is about 11' above ground level

Downspouts would all be the larger 3x4" sizes, not smaller 2x3", to make
sure it can handle the water flow during heavy rains.

Anybody out there had some gutters replaced, or had anything like this
priced lately? I'm just wondering what a good price would be for this type
of work. I know it could be done in less than a full day, since I've
already done the tear-off, and most of these places use the continuous
aluminum gutter and downspouts. (longer, continuous pieces that let them not
have to mess with seams very often)

Thanks!

Al Bundy

Nov 8, 2007, 10:55:02 AM11/8/07

Just call around and get estimates like any sensible person would.
That's the bottom line anyway. A news group can't be your personal
shopper in this case as you would like.
Taking off the old gutters is the easiest part of the work. The
advantage to you is that you can paint or repair the surface before
the new work. And I'd be shocked if you did not take all the removed
aluminum to the recycler for the salvage money. Of course you weighed
every scrap before taking it and checked around for the best per pound
price.