Are higher prices making you fat?

James

Aug 28, 2008, 11:35:26 AM8/28/08
Do you tend to turn to less-healthy food as healthy food costs go up?.
I don't buy fruits any more except during sales.

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Aug 28, 2008, 12:19:43 PM8/28/08

"James" <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Do you tend to turn to less-healthy food as healthy food costs go up?.
> I don't buy fruits any more except during sales.

this is exactly what the usa's problem is: cheap food

Rod Speed

Aug 28, 2008, 3:42:33 PM8/28/08
James <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Do you tend to turn to less-healthy food as healthy food costs go up?.

Nope. There is always plenty of healthy cheap food.

> I don't buy fruits any more except during sales.

I hardly ever buy anything that isnt from a sale.

JonquilJan

Aug 28, 2008, 4:02:18 PM8/28/08

Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Same here. I shop the items on sale every week. Good source also the day
old bread racks (if you're going to use it within a few days) and the
surplus veggie/fruit rack (also if you're going to use it within a few
days). And coupons. Really use them when item is on sale and I can stock
up.

The small garden helps as well - especially for greens.

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying

Rod Speed

Aug 28, 2008, 4:21:17 PM8/28/08
JonquilJan <war...@imcnet.net> wrote
> Rod Speed <rod.sp...@gmail.com> wrote
>> James <j006...@hotmail.com> wrote

>>> Do you tend to turn to less-healthy food as healthy food costs go up?.

>> Nope. There is always plenty of healthy cheap food.

>>> I don't buy fruits any more except during sales.

>> I hardly ever buy anything that isnt from a sale.

> Same here. I shop the items on sale every week.

Yeah, me too.

> Good source also the day old bread racks (if you're going to use it within a few days)

I dont eat commercial bread, do my own with a bread machine and save heaps that way.

Healthier bread too.

I also make my own beer and that saves heaps.

> and the surplus veggie/fruit rack (also if you're going to use it within a few days).

Yeah, I buy that stuff as long as it looks fine.

> And coupons. Really use them when item is on sale and I can stock up.

We dont have that many coupons, I do use them when they are good value.

> The small garden helps as well - especially for greens.

I dont bother with that.