Looking Back on 2007

Dawn

Jan 1, 2008, 12:54:40 PM1/1/08
Hello to the group,
Today is a good day to look back and see how
I did in my frugal life.
I carried no credit card debt.
I paid off the last bill that was not a mortgage or car.
Started an emergency fund and have it almost funded for three months.
Grew a hellacious garden and ate from it all summer which helped the
grocery budget.
Started making a few charitable donations, as I feel it is the right
thing to do.
The pantry is pretty well stocked and stays that way.
Dawn, who lives frugal enough to go out and buy a mini cooper which
gets 38 mpg with my driving.

pc

Jan 1, 2008, 6:19:31 PM1/1/08

Hi all. <waves to Dawn!>

My most frugal event of the year was redoing our kitchen. By really
researching all our options and doing all the work ourselves..we
estimate the kitchen cost 1/4 to 1/3 what it would have cost to have it
done. We also paid for it all with a points credit card that we
immediately paid off.

On a bit of a morbid note..one of my dogs passed away. He was fourteen,
a difficult dog with 'issues' his whole life. While I loved him dearly
and miss him terribly, his passing is saving us about $1000 per year.

With that extra money, I have been investing in stocks. I enjoy
learning about that and have done pretty well.

No garden here, Dawn..besides a few banana plants that are doing well.
I had grand plans for playing with hydroponics in 07. Maybe I'll get to
it in 08!

..PC