PS3 thoughts after a month

OhioGuy

Jun 26, 2008, 11:01:35 PM6/26/08
I traded my trailer for a PS3 and 9 games a month ago. I figured why
not? - I was asking $250 for the trailer, and this guy offered me the PS3,
Blu-Ray remote, all cables, 2 wireless controllers, and 9 games in trade for
it. I wasn't looking for a trade, but I figured I would probably be able to
sell that for more, plus my son would be able to play the Mater National
game for a month. I ended up selling the whole batch on Ebay for $460
earlier this week.

My major complaint is HOW VERY SLOW the games load. I just couldn't stand
it. Many of the games took 2 minutes or more before they would load, which
reminded me a lot of the old 3DO I had back in the mid to late 90's, but
even that loaded faster than the PS3.

Sure, the graphics looked great, and the games were cool, but I just
couldn't get past the very slow load times. At this point, I've decided I'm
never again buying a PS3, even if the prices drop to $100.

Anyone know if any of the other "next gen" game systems load faster?

OhioGuy

Jun 26, 2008, 11:01:27 PM6/26/08

Shawn Hirn

Jun 26, 2008, 10:31:58 PM6/26/08

I have a PS3 and an Xbox 360. Both are slow to load games. Probably the
Nintendo Wii would be the fastest to load games. The Wii has some
awesome games, but you won't see the graphical brilliance in them that
you see in games for the PS3 and Xbox 360. If I were you, I would keep
the PS3 and just use it as a Blu-ray player to watch high definition
movies. That's what I do. If you have a high definition TV, the picture
quality will blow away standard definition DVDs.