web capable phones

Jeff

Dec 20, 2007, 6:05:15 PM12/20/07
I'll be changing my cellphone service sometime in the near future.
I've switched jobs and will not be travelling, so I'm thinking of Metro
PCS (not a great service but cheap).

I'm thinking of getting a phone with some web capability. Here is
their list:

Anyone have any experience with any of these?

Jeff

Message has been deleted

Jeff

Dec 21, 2007, 3:00:49 AM12/21/07
jdoe wrote:
> afaik the iphone has the best web capabilities

Yes, but if I bought an iphone I wouldn't be frugal!

Jeff
> Never argue with an idiot.
> They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Shawn Hirn

Dec 21, 2007, 6:36:03 AM12/21/07
In article <13mlt9e...@corp.supernews.com>,
Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote:

What's your budget? Where do you intend to use the phone most? Why do
you need a web enabled cell phone? Have you considered A&T and an
iPhone, or a Blackberry from Verizon or Cingular?

Shawn Hirn

Dec 21, 2007, 6:36:55 AM12/21/07
In article <13mmslj...@corp.supernews.com>,
Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote:

> jdoe wrote:
> > On Thu, 20 Dec 2007 18:05:15 -0500, Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I'll be changing my cellphone service sometime in the near future.
> >> I've switched jobs and will not be travelling, so I'm thinking of Metro
> >> PCS (not a great service but cheap).
> >>
> >> I'm thinking of getting a phone with some web capability. Here is
> >> their list:

> >> Anyone have any experience with any of these?
> >>
> >> Jeff
> > afaik the iphone has the best web capabilities
>
> Yes, but if I bought an iphone I wouldn't be frugal!

Frugal has nothing to do with price; its more to do with value; what you
get for your money.

Message has been deleted

Jeff

Dec 21, 2007, 10:57:47 AM12/21/07
Shawn Hirn wrote:
> In article <13mlt9e...@corp.supernews.com>,
> Jeff <jeff@spam_me_not.com> wrote:
>
>> I'll be changing my cellphone service sometime in the near future.
>> I've switched jobs and will not be travelling, so I'm thinking of Metro
>> PCS (not a great service but cheap).
>>
>> I'm thinking of getting a phone with some web capability. Here is
>> their list:

>> Anyone have any experience with any of these?
>>
>> Jeff
>
> What's your budget?

The budget is not much.

Where do you intend to use the phone most? Why do
> you need a web enabled cell phone? Have you considered A&T and an
> iPhone, or a Blackberry from Verizon or Cingular?

Those are out of my reach. It's the cost of the repetitive service
more that the cost of the phone.

I don't need great web phone capability. But if it lousy than I will
do without. I know what an iphone looks like, I know what a blackberry
looks like. I do not know what any of these second or third tier phones
do on a second tier system.

I'm more or less unemployed since two days ago and do not want to
spend $100+/month. You may love your AT&T iphone, I can not afford it
now. I need about 1800 minutes/month, with most of the services you
mention that is $100 without web access. At metro pcs that is $45 for
unlimited, that is good enough for me now and if the web phone is not a
joke then I will spend the extra money *once* for the phone, else I will
buy a cheaper phone.

Jeff

Jeff