Good Deal on AM/FM Radio programmable recorder

mwmil...@gmail.com

Apr 29, 2008, 12:05:29 PM4/29/08
Is there somewhere one can find a good deal on an AM/FM radio recorder
that is programmable to record a segment of broadcast of radio from on
specfic time to another for each day during a week, a recurring daily
broadcast from monday to friday? I've heard such a device exists, but
I cannot remember the name of it or any source from which to buy it.

Any helpful input appreciated,
Matt

Gordon

Apr 29, 2008, 11:29:17 PM4/29/08
mwmil...@gmail.com wrote in news:484965c4-b385-486b-86bc-de8c6b229037
@y38g2000hsy.googlegroups.com:

Matt,
Recording radio shows is so last century.
First, see if the show is archived at the radio station's
web site or the network's web site. Many are.
2nd: See if there is a pod cast of the show. No, you don't
need an iPod to listen to podcasts.
If all else fails: use your computer to record the show.
Use Task Scheduler to kick off and audio recording program.
Of course you need to wire your radio into the Line In Jack
of your computer.

mwmil...@gmail.com

May 1, 2008, 4:29:05 PM5/1/08
On Apr 29, 10:29 pm, Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:
> mwmiller...@gmail.com wrote in news:484965c4-b385-486b-86bc-de8c6b229037

where does one get the cable for wiring radio to line in jack of of
the computer?

Rod Speed

May 1, 2008, 4:42:37 PM5/1/08

Anywhere that sells audio cables. Nothing special about it, you just need
the correct jack on each end and its the most common cable around.

Gordon

May 1, 2008, 7:41:26 PM5/1/08
mwmil...@gmail.com wrote in news:caabc1c4-6f16-492c-97d1-badda93c6622
@t54g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

Radio Shack, if you want to pay too much.
Many computer shops that specialize in computer media systems
will have them. And then, here in Hillsboro, we have a shop
dedicated to selling computer cables.

Anthony Matonak

May 2, 2008, 1:09:07 AM5/2/08
mwmil...@gmail.com wrote:

> where does one get the cable for wiring radio to line in jack of of
> the computer?

Anywhere you find electronics, sound equipment or computers.

You can also do a google search...
http://www.google.com/products?q=mini+stereo+audio+cable+%22male+to+male%22&btnG=Search+Products&show=dd&scoring=p

You can also buy a USB AM/FM radio called 'Radioshark 2'
by Griffin Technologies for $40 on Amazon.

Anthony

mwmil...@gmail.com

May 2, 2008, 2:45:23 PM5/2/08
On Apr 29, 10:29 pm, Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:
> mwmiller...@gmail.com wrote in news:484965c4-b385-486b-86bc-de8c6b229037

Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong trying to download this file of
the news from the chicago news station wbbm news 780 am. Their
website is wbbm780.com and I entered as a search that turned up what I
thought was the relevant audio file "noon business hour 'may 1'" but
when it downloaded it showed up with a length of 0 even after i tried
to download it multiple times.

any further help appreciated

Anthony Matonak

May 3, 2008, 3:24:30 AM5/3/08
mwmil...@gmail.com wrote:

> Can you tell me what I'm doing wrong trying to download this file of
> the news from the chicago news station wbbm news 780 am. Their
> website is wbbm780.com and I entered as a search that turned up what I
> thought was the relevant audio file "noon business hour 'may 1'" but
> when it downloaded it showed up with a length of 0 even after i tried
> to download it multiple times.

Their download buttons seem to work for me. Not all of their
stuff is available with a download button. Some of them just
have a 'Subscribe to podcast' button. You'll need to either
use a podcast client (like I-Tunes) or open up the .rss file
and look for embedded URL references to .MP3 files.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podcast

Anthony

Nicik Name

May 7, 2008, 11:09:19 PM5/7/08

<mwmil...@gmail.com> wrote in message
http://radioyourway.com/
For this century.........

George Grapman

May 7, 2008, 11:23:44 PM5/7/08

greenbeetle...@gmail.com

Nov 6, 2013, 8:01:58 PM11/6/13
I want the same device.

Why??

Because where I live there is only 3G internet. It costs me $180 for 12GB.

I download lots of podcasts. It has become too costly.

I want a simple device I can set to record a radio program to an mp3 file, please!

Mrs Irish Mike

Nov 6, 2013, 8:32:20 PM11/6/13

No Reply

Nov 7, 2013, 12:09:26 AM11/7/13
On Thursday, 7 November 2013 11:02:20 UTC+9:30, Mrs Irish Mike wrote:
> Maybe, http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/schedule-recording-radio-station-windows-mac/
>

> ?

I had a Russion phone which would do this: it's lying around in pieces, maybe I could fix it to use just as a radio recorder.

I also have an old ghetto blaster; I could insert a cassette, plug it into a household timer, switch it to the ON position, press PLAY and RECORD, and record radio that way. (and yes, remember? the rubber pinch-wheel in the cassette player develops a flat spot when left in the PLAY position, up against the capstan).

There's an Android app which might, if you pay for the Pro Version - and buy yourself a USB TV dongle, and jup through the hoops, record some radio via USB onto your phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=marto.androsdr2&hl=en

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HOT-USB-DVB-T-RTL-SDR-Realtek-RTL2832U-R820T-DVB-T-Tuner-Receiver-MCX-Input-/161086605865?pt=AU_Components&hash=item2581828a29

(How did life get so hard?)