Sprint have best data plan bar none?

m...@privacy.net

Aug 9, 2007, 12:28:56 PM8/9/07
I'm thinking of switching cell carriers and upgrading
to smart phone that has email and Internet access

It "appears" to me that for $15/month I can get
unlimited data through spint whereas other carriers
typically want $40/month for that.

Is this correct? Am I reading their info correct?

Does Sprint have best data plan bar none so far?

m...@privacy.net

Aug 9, 2007, 12:35:22 PM8/9/07
m...@privacy.net wrote:

I live in the USA.... Missouri if that helps

Shawn Hirn

Aug 9, 2007, 5:55:53 PM8/9/07
In article <06gmb3165hh782jdh...@4ax.com>, m...@privacy.net
wrote:

Not having ever tried Sprint and not knowing what your criteria for
"best" is, I can't say, but you are going about this the wrong way.
Price is certainly important, but its a distant second compared to
service quality in the area where you will be using the service most.
The "best" plan means nothing if the reception stinks.

You didn't say where you intend to use your cell phone service, but ask
friends, neighbors, business associates, and relatives what they would
recommend in terms of service quality in the area where you plan to use
your cell phone most, then proceed from there.

Rick

Aug 9, 2007, 10:00:53 PM8/9/07

You know what's bad customer service? I found someone's cell phone on a
bus. It only had enough power to display the Sprint logo before shutting
down again. I (tried to) call Sprint to find out how to return it. The
Sprint customer service number, found in the battery compartment,
refused to allow you access to anyone in customer service - even if you
wanted to report a recovered cell phone - unless you put in a valid
account phone number first. Any other combination of "O", "*0", "#0" or
even any bogus phone number would result in the Sprint customer service
system just hanging up on you.

They could have easily traced the phone to the owner by the serial
number in the battery compartment. They didn't leave me much choice -
after trying to get through more than a half dozen times I just tossed
the damned thing out. If that's the best you can expect from Sprint - no
thanks...

Ric

Gordon

Aug 10, 2007, 12:02:17 AM8/10/07
m...@privacy.net wrote in news:06gmb3165hh782jdh...@4ax.com:

AT&T has simular plans called Media Max Bundles. I think
they range in price from $9.99 and up.

When comparing data access plans be sure to check the
bandwidth. The old Nextel (now owned by Sprint) system
is only dial-up speed. Get the technical details on line.
I'm not sure what system Sprint is using.

Also Cricket Wireless has an addon to their unlimited
voice plan that allows unlimited data access.

If you have a laptop, do your mobile data access one
better by getting a smart phone with a USB connection.
THen you can tether your laptop to the phone and have
wireless access for your laptop.

m...@privacy.net

Aug 10, 2007, 11:44:23 AM8/10/07
Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:

>AT&T has simular plans called Media Max Bundles.

not seeing anything like that on their web page

Gordon

Aug 11, 2007, 4:41:30 AM8/11/07
m...@privacy.net wrote in news:3u1pb3lpoofll94td...@4ax.com:

> Gordon <go...@alltomyself.com> wrote:
>
>>AT&T has simular plans called Media Max Bundles.
>
> not seeing anything like that on their web page

Hmmm...
That's intresting. Maybe you have to walk into a
store and get a brochure. Cuz that's where I saw it.

Then again, it may be burried under "Data plans".
THey seem to be pushing their unlimited messaging
plans right now.

FWIW: I just left AT&T and now use Sprint. Here in
Portland at least, Sprint is a slightly better deal.