alternatives to Ebay/Paypal? - don't like the 44% fee

OhioGuy

Nov 15, 2007, 7:45:02 AM11/15/07
Recently, I was looking over Ebay/Paypal fees, and noticed that it costs
a whopping 87 cents in fees to sell a $2 item! That's 44% in fees for me,
folks. Yes, I sell a lot of $2 items. (recent comics)

This got me wondering: is there any other place that

A) has a feedback system
B) has an active community
&
C) lets you sell smaller items for a 10% or less commission?

Thanks!

Oh, and for those who are wondering:

Ebay 40c listing fee + 5.25% final value

Paypal 30c listing fee + 2.9% final value

I never noticed how all of these small bits added up until today....

Anthony Matonak

Nov 15, 2007, 1:51:43 PM11/15/07
OhioGuy wrote:
> Recently, I was looking over Ebay/Paypal fees, and noticed that it costs
> a whopping 87 cents in fees to sell a $2 item! That's 44% in fees for me,
> folks. Yes, I sell a lot of $2 items. (recent comics)
>
> This got me wondering: is there any other place that
> C) lets you sell smaller items for a 10% or less commission?

Have you tried craigs list? :)

Time for a reality check. It cost to provide these auction services.
Do you really expect them to stay in business if they don't charge?

The easy answer is not to sell the items one at a time but to sell
them in higher priced lots.

Anthony