dishtv programmable remote (channel timer) for std receiver/tuner?

patrick

Oct 17, 2007, 10:22:02 PM10/17/07
Hello; The std tuner/receivers for the dsh tv system (model #311/322)
don't appear to have timer/channel programability function . In order
to use the vcr for recording, you have to lleave the receier to one
channel, set the vcr to that channel then program the vcr to record at
a particular time. There's no program for time and channel change.
Do any of the more intelligent universal remotes have the capability
to enter all the stuff re the channel and time to change then trip
the dishtv receiver to do the deed? That would keep the cost down a
bit as it would keep me from buying the dvr that would allow that in
addition to the monthly fee for the privelege of having a dvr! Thanks
Pat

Dennis

Oct 18, 2007, 1:56:06 PM10/18/07
On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 19:22:02 -0700, patrick <patm...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

I don't know about the newer models, but my older Dish receiver could
be set up to start and stop the VCR via a built-in IR blaster to
record satellite programs. I don't recall if it would change the
channel on the VCR.

Dennis (evil)
--
The honest man is the one who realizes that he cannot
consume more, in his lifetime, than he produces.

BeaF...@msn.com

Oct 18, 2007, 4:54:53 PM10/18/07

My Dish reciever has an automatic channel tune. Easy to go to the show
on the schedual and one of the prompts is auto tune.

VCR? They still make those? Five dollars a month and you get the DVR
which is so easy to use.

Anthony Matonak

Oct 19, 2007, 12:04:57 AM10/19/07
BeaF...@msn.com wrote:

> VCR? They still make those? Five dollars a month and you get the DVR
> which is so easy to use.

My recommendation, save up your money and either buy your own
DVR or add a TV capture card to your computer.

Anthony