Skype higher than onesuite.com

DoctorTime

Oct 30, 2008, 6:17:18 PM10/30/08
I was fairly impressed with Skype - until I compared their prices with
onesuite.com.
I already have been using onesuite.com and been happy with the service
but people kept telling me how cheap and great skype.com was and I
tried it at someone else's home and it seemed fine, quality wise.

So I went out and bought a headset/microphone for my computer and then
as I was signing up for skype I began to look at the rates.

What I found out is that in almost every case, onesuite.com is cheaper
than skype!

For domestic USA to domestic USA phones (not skype to skype but skype
to phone), skype is .001 cheaper than onesuite.

But for calls to foreign countries, onesuite is cheaper in most or at
least many cases.

So before you get hooked into the skype hype, try onesuite. With
onesuite you don't have to go out and buy a mic/headset.

*I do not work for onesuite and have NO personal gain from posting
this, I do so only as a public service.

I have not investigated other aspects of skype such as their message
service and so forth so maybe with other aspects of their service it
is still as good or better of a deal then onesuite. But for just the
price of calling long distance, it seems to me onesuite wins out.

James

Oct 31, 2008, 12:58:22 PM10/31/08

Does onesuite have FREE PC calls overseas?

Zee

Nov 3, 2008, 10:17:28 PM11/3/08
> Does onesuite have FREE PC calls overseas?- Hide quoted text -

Onesuite has a voip service with or without an incoming phone number.
If you will just use the voip service for outgoing calls then you
don't need to sign up for their SuiteAdvantage feature but if you need
a virtual phone number then it will cost you $2.95 a month.

Check the difference here
http://www.onesuite.com/access_VOIP.asp
http://www.onesuite.com/products_Broadband_Main.asp

So a Onesuite to Onesuite call is always free. It's either you use it
on softphone (SJ phones and X-lite are the 2 most popular free
softphones) or set it up on an ATA device so that you can use it even
without turning your PC on.

I agree that Onesuite's prepaid phone card service is cheaper than
Skype on overseas calls and Onesuite voip rates are even cheaper in
some countries.

Stephen

Nov 7, 2008, 7:10:20 AM11/7/08
> Check the difference herehttp://www.onesuite.com/access_VOIP.asphttp://www.onesuite.com/products_Broadband_Main.asp

> So a Onesuite to Onesuite call is always free. It's either you use it
> on softphone (SJ phones and X-lite are the 2 most popular free
> softphones) or set it up on an ATA device so that you can use it even
> without turning your PC on.
>
> I agree that Onesuite's prepaid phone card service is cheaper than
> Skype on overseas calls and Onesuite voip rates are even cheaper in
> some countries.- Hide quoted text -

Long time Onesuite user here. I completly agree that Onesuite is
cheaper than Skype if not better. Also Onesuite's transparent billing
is very useful for those forgetful minds.

NotMe

Nov 8, 2008, 7:36:47 PM11/8/08

"Stephen" <stephe...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Long time Onesuite user here. I completely agree that Onesuite is

cheaper than Skype if not better. Also Onesuite's transparent billing
is very useful for those forgetful minds.
{{

The best for us was when our kids took our then one and only grand child
1200 miles away. Since they were on a church mission project they were
literally 'poor as church mice' and could not afford long distance calls. I
set up onesute on their phone so my DIL could call us at any time for either
help with the grand kid or joyous reports of each new accomplishment.

They were in rural area when all calls were toll calls and not cheap. One
suit saved a bundle.

Side benefit she could call the great, great grand parents on my dime and
talk for an hour+ for less than $2 bucks.

SoCalMike

Nov 10, 2008, 1:43:50 AM11/10/08
Stephen wrote:

> Long time Onesuite user here. I completly agree that Onesuite is
> cheaper than Skype if not better. Also Onesuite's transparent billing
> is very useful for those forgetful minds.

ive had skype for a couple years now, and i like it. i shelled out the
$30/yr for my own real phone number, and bought a philips cordless phone
that plugs into my router, so i dont need a computer on.

its basically no different than what the internet companies are doing
with their "bundled" broadband service, but they want $30/mo for the
phone portion.

i can pick up the phone and use it just as i would a normal phone,w ith
dialtone and everything.

its not a bad idea to have skype installed on one computer to easily
edit your contact list. once it synchs with the phone, your list is
updated on the phone.

i tried the headset route, and just didnt like it.

Zar

Nov 11, 2008, 1:34:07 AM11/11/08

Another Onesuite user here. I also use Skype but only for chatting or
calling another Skype user (PC to PC) but for my usual long distance
calls, I use Onesuite.

SoCalMike

Nov 22, 2008, 5:14:07 PM11/22/08
SoCalMike wrote:
> Stephen wrote:
>>
>> Long time Onesuite user here. I completly agree that Onesuite is
>> cheaper than Skype if not better. Also Onesuite's transparent billing
>> is very useful for those forgetful minds.
>
> ive had skype for a couple years now, and i like it. i shelled out the
> $30/yr for my own real phone number, and bought a philips cordless phone
> that plugs into my router, so i dont need a computer on.

i just renewed, and its $60/yr for the number now. which is still only
$12/mo, and not bad considering the majors want $30/$40 mo. for internet
phone as part of their "bundle"

SMS

Nov 23, 2008, 3:41:01 PM11/23/08
DoctorTime wrote:
> I was fairly impressed with Skype - until I compared their prices with
> onesuite.com.
> I already have been using onesuite.com and been happy with the service
> but people kept telling me how cheap and great skype.com was and I
> tried it at someone else's home and it seemed fine, quality wise.
>
> So I went out and bought a headset/microphone for my computer and then
> as I was signing up for skype I began to look at the rates.
>
> What I found out is that in almost every case, onesuite.com is cheaper
> than skype!

Yeah, I've turned a lot of people on to OneSuite. One of the biggest
advantages of OneSuite is that they have access numbers in a lot of
countries, and of course it's a lot simpler than Skype to use.

Vic Smith

Nov 23, 2008, 4:52:30 PM11/23/08
On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:41:01 -0800, SMS <scharf...@geemail.com>
wrote:

You need to look at the big picture.

--Vic

John Weiss

Nov 23, 2008, 5:09:42 PM11/23/08
> On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:41:01 -0800, SMS wrote:
>
>Yeah, I've turned a lot of people on to OneSuite. One of the biggest
>advantages of OneSuite is that they have access numbers in a lot of
>countries, and of course it's a lot simpler than Skype to use.

So, why do you need an access number for OneSuite? With Skype, any place you
have an Internet connection (with VERY few exceptions like UAE and Ethiopia),
you have Skype connectivity.

As for ease of use, either dial the number or select your contact. What's hard
about it?

I use Skype around the world, and spend less than $5/year on calling to actual
phones!

Dave Garland

Nov 23, 2008, 7:04:54 PM11/23/08
SoCalMike wrote:
> i just renewed, and its $60/yr for the number now. which is still only
> $12/mo, and not bad considering the majors want $30/$40 mo. for internet
> phone as part of their "bundle"

Um.. "60/yr or $12/mo" does not compute.

Dave

www.Queensbridge.us

Nov 23, 2008, 8:10:34 PM11/23/08
> Check the difference herehttp://www.onesuite.com/access_VOIP.asphttp://www.onesuite.com/products_Broadband_Main.asp

> So a Onesuite to Onesuite call is always free. It's either you use it
> on softphone (SJ phones and X-lite are the 2 most popular free
> softphones) or set it up on an ATA device so that you can use it even
> without turning your PC on.
>
> I agree that Onesuite's prepaid phone card service is cheaper than
> Skype on overseas calls and Onesuite voip rates are even cheaper in
> some countries.

I was visiting someone in Canada.
Since OneSuite allows you to set up three phones numbers that don't
need a PIN,
I set up their # as not needing PIN..
So I could call from their place easily.

Then back in USA I just changed it back.

They have incredibly low long distance phone rates, As low as USA-
Canada 1.9CPM! Works as prepaid phone card. PIN not needed for calls
from home or cell phone. Compare the rates at https://www.OneSuite.com/
No monthly fee or minimum. Use Promotion/SuiteTreat Code: FREEoffer23
for FREE time

Zee

Jan 6, 2009, 6:30:23 AM1/6/09
On Nov 24 2008, 6:09 am, "John Weiss" <jrwe...@invalid.invalid> wrote:
> > On Sun, 23 Nov 2008 12:41:01 -0800, SMS wrote:
>
> >Yeah, I've turned a lot of people on toOneSuite. One of the biggest
> >advantages ofOneSuiteis that they have access numbers in a lot of

> >countries, and of course it's a lot simpler than Skype to use.
>
> So, why do you need an access number forOneSuite?  With Skype, any place you

> have an Internet connection (with VERY few exceptions like UAE and Ethiopia),
> you have Skype connectivity.
>
> As for ease of use, either dial the number or select your contact.  What's hard
> about it?
>
> I use Skype around the world, and spend less than $5/year on calling to actual
> phones!

Because with Onesuite you can either use it as a prepaid phone card to
countries around the world (say US, China, UK, Italy, Taiwan, Canada,
Germany, etc) and you dial the access number from that country or area
to make your phone call. You can also use to make calls through their
voip service which doesn't need any access numbers and is exactly the
same thing about Skype BUT cheaper.

SMS

Jan 7, 2009, 11:04:28 AM1/7/09

Very true. OneSuite is much more versatile than Skype or Vonage, besides
being less expensive. Often when traveling overseas you don't have free
broadband, and it's really nice to be able to just use a pay phone.

What I also do when traveling is to simply program my prepaid SIM card
number into the OneSuite speed dial list, so I can receive calls on the
cell phone and the speed dial code doesn't change no matter where I am.

Zee

Jan 16, 2009, 10:25:12 PM1/16/09
> cell phone and the speed dial code doesn't change no matter where I am.- Hide quoted text -

Ah pretty clever! Thanks for the tip I will try to do that next time I
travel. Onesuite preaid calling card and voip is really nice
combination, you can take advantage of whats cheaper or accessible to
you in any given moment.