Defense: Woman too obese to kill nephew

Larry

Aug 27, 2008, 2:31:10 PM8/27/08
http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/08/27/obese.prosecution.ap/index.html

Defense: Woman too obese to kill nephew

Story Highlights

* Attorney claims half-ton woman was not physically capable of killing
nephew
* Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. died after being struck at least twice in head,
prosecutor says
* Mayra Rosales placed under house arrest because jail cell is not big
enough for her

EDINBURG, Texas (AP) -- A nearly half-ton Texas woman charged in the death
of her toddler nephew couldn't have beaten the boy to death because of her
limited movement from weight problems, her attorney said Tuesday.

Mayra Rosales, who weighs nearly 1,000 pounds, was indicted last week on
capital murder charges in the death of Eliseo Gonzalez Jr. Prosecutors said
the 2-year-old boy died after being struck at least twice in the head while
in the care of Rosales, who is bedridden.

Jamie Rosales, the boy's 20-year-old mother, believes the death was
possibly caused by the morbidly obese woman rolling onto the toddler, said
Oscar Vega, her attorney. She faces one felony count of injury to a child,
which carries a life sentence and 10,000 in fines.

"She doesn't believe her sister intentionally did anything to her child,"
Vega told The Associated Press.

A state district judge put Mayra Rosales, 27, under house arrest Monday
because the county jail lacks a large enough cell or necessary medical
resources. She is required to wear a global-positioning tracker until her
trial.

Sergio Valdez, Mayra Rosales' attorney, said she lacks the movement in her
arms to have killed the child, calling it an "impossibility."

"She is not physically capable of having committed those acts," Valdez
said.

Valdez said Rosales suffers from a thyroid problem that has caused her to
put on hundreds of pounds over the past three to four years and has been
bedridden for more than a year.

The stress of the arrest and charges has exacerbated the poor health of
Mayra Rosales, who also suffers from a "life-threatening" ailment he would
not disclose, Valdez said.

"This whole ordeal has taken a very negative effect on her, emotionally and
physically," Valdez said. "She wants this to be over. She wants to be
vindicated."

Vega said Jamie Rosales has a learning disability and will plead not
guilty.

He declined to say where his client was the day of her son's death, but
said he knew of no order forbidding the boy to be watched by his aunt.

Bluuuue Rajah

Aug 27, 2008, 3:23:14 PM8/27/08
la...@nowhere.net (Larry) wrote in

> EDINBURG, Texas (AP) -- A nearly half-ton Texas woman charged in the
> death of her toddler nephew couldn't have beaten the boy to death
> because of her limited movement from weight problems, her attorney
> said Tuesday.

What if the kid came within arms length?

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2008, 4:18:12 PM8/27/08

> Valdez said R sales suffers from a thyroid problem that has caused her to

> put on hundreds of pounds over the past three to four years and has been
> bedridden for more than a year.
>
> The stress of the arrest and charges has exacerbated the poor health of
> Mayra Rosales, who also suffers from a "life-threatening" ailment he would
> not disclose, Valdez said.
>
> "This whole ordeal has taken a very negative effect on her, emotionally and
> physically," Valdez said. "She wants this to be over. She wants to be
> vindicated."
>
> Vega said Jamie Rosales has a learning disability and will plead not
> guilty.
>
> He declined to say where his client was the day of her son's death, but
> said he knew of no order forbidding the boy to be watched by his aunt.

It's not for me to stand in judgment. All I can do is make
observations.

Obviously, they must make extensions for tethers the way they do for
seat belts. I thought they were semi-permanently attached. If the case
doesn't go to court soon, she will outgrow it and have medical
problems and a lawsuit.

If Mayra weighs 1000# and is 27 years old, then the sister Jamie
weighs 741 and the kid weighs 74# on a prorated basis. Bet I'm not far
off either. If you have a thyroid problem, does that allow your body
to pull calories out of the air? No. You have to have somebody
bringing those cheeseburgers to you and funneling them in.

Which trailor park do the live in?

Bluuuue Rajah

Aug 27, 2008, 5:25:37 PM8/27/08
Al Bundy <MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote in

Thyroid controls appetite.

Al Bundy

Aug 27, 2008, 6:36:17 PM8/27/08
On Aug 27, 5:25 pm, Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.> wrote:

I have a thyroid problem. I control what I eat. A thyroid problem
doesn't make one stupid.

NA

Aug 27, 2008, 10:54:01 PM8/27/08
In article <Xns9B079CEA5F486lk...@207.115.17.102>,
Bluuuue Rajah <Bluuuuue@Rajah.> wrote:

Imagine how fat her arms are. She most have almost zero mobility in her
arms.

Message has been deleted

D&SW

Aug 28, 2008, 7:47:45 PM8/28/08
She is able to get a Hardee's triple beef Angus burger with cheese up to her
mouth.

"NA" <n...@na.com> wrote in message

Message has been deleted

Robin King

Aug 29, 2008, 1:58:58 AM8/29/08
"Magda" <pikrodafni@death_to_spammers_noos.fr.invalid> wrote in
message news:mr1fb4ld856p0u2vh...@4ax.com...
> No kidding. It takes some serious eating to get to 500 Kg...
>
> Who is paying for all that food? If it was me she would never get to
100 Kg, let alone
> 500.

And if you were her, you wouldn't be able to get below 100
Kgs.

I would lay odds that she has some serious water retention
problems, too. Gee, I wonder who paid for all that water?

Robin

Sue Bilkens

Aug 29, 2008, 1:33:07 PM8/29/08
On Fri, 29 Aug 2008 07:24:55 +0200, in misc.consumers.frugal-living Magda
<pikrodafni@death_to_spammers_noos.fr.invalid> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 23:47:45 GMT, in alt.gossip.celebrities, "D&SW" <d&s...@verizon.net>
>arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
>
> ... She is able to get a Hardee's triple beef Angus burger with cheese up to her
> ... mouth.

>No kidding. It takes some serious eating to get to 500 Kg...
>
>Who is paying for all that food? If it was me she would never get to 100 Kg, let alone
>500.

maybe she is in a feedee feeder relationship.. google feedee
http://rubensfeeder.tripod.com/intro/newbie_intro_e.html

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted