There's something deeply satisfying...

The Real Bev

Sep 8, 2008, 8:11:55 PM9/8/08
...about cutting a grasshopper in half -- the one you just noticed had
consumed half the leaves on the baby Queensland flame trees whose seeds
you stole from the Huntington Library -- with the nice $40 (or $80, I
can't remember) Cutco kitchen scissors that you got at a yard sale for
half a buck.

The Cutco rep at the LA County Fair said that all Cutco products had a
lifetime guarantee and that if they ever needed sharpening they would
send one of their Associates (all good-looking young guys, at least the
ones that were manning the booth) out to the owner's home to sharpen
them. I wonder if that includes replacement, and I wonder if using the
scissors for something really disgusting (like cutting a grasshopper in
half) would count...

--
Cheers, Bev
The stone age didn't end for lack of stones.

Al Bundy

Sep 9, 2008, 4:35:53 PM9/9/08

The Real Bev wrote:
> ...about cutting a grasshopper in half -- the one you just noticed had
> consumed half the leaves on the baby Queensland flame trees whose seeds
> you stole from the Huntington Library -- with the nice $40 (or $80, I
> can't remember) Cutco kitchen scissors that you got at a yard sale for
> half a buck.
>
> The Cutco rep at the LA County Fair said that all Cutco products had a
> lifetime guarantee and that if they ever needed sharpening they would
> send one of their Associates (all good-looking young guys, at least the
> ones that were manning the booth) out to the owner's home to sharpen
> them. I wonder if that includes replacement, and I wonder if using the
> scissors for something really disgusting (like cutting a grasshopper in
> half) would count...
>
> --
> Cheers, Bev

Other than the slime on your scissors, they won't be dulled or
damaged by cutting bugs.
On the other hand, your karma will be quite damaged.