Google Earth Flight Simulator freeware keyboard controls

KCat

Sep 22, 2007, 11:04:09 PM9/22/07
I uploaded the latest Google Earth beta freeware on WinXP
and hit Control ALT A which brought up an SR22 and an F16 as choices for
the flight simulator (Control A brings up the simulator without choices).

The same sequence exited the Google Earth Flight Simulator.

I had trouble controlling the airplane until I found the following settings
by QWERTY keyboard trial and error.

I'd start at Moffett Field at runway R32 heading 320 degrees.
http://maps.google.com/?q=37.40642030368471,-122.04305827617645

The comma & period controlled my left & right brake respectively.
- The C centered both the ailerons and the rudders.
- LeftBracket and RightBracket controlled the flaps.
- PageUp and PageDown controlled the throttle.
- UpArrow and DownArrow controlled the elevators.

Once airborne:
- G retracted the landing gear.
- Shift F retracted the flaps.
- LeftArrow and RightArrow controlled the ailerons.
- Shift LeftArrow and Shift RightArrow controlled the rudders.

When I got out of control,
- Spacebar paused the simulation so I could catch my breath.
- The h toggled the heads up display on and off.
- Alt LeftArrow and Alt RightArrow turned the pilot's head.

To land,
- G extended the landing gear.
- The f key extended the flaps.
- Simultaneously pressing comman & period braked to a halt.

best
kcat

Günter Mangold

Sep 23, 2007, 2:36:25 AM9/23/07
Guten Tag kcat

roger on the key settings..

When HUD is active, did you find out the correlation between the invertet T
and inverted V
1. during flight
2. when taxying

In case the V-bar represents flight director then there seems something
wrong IMO.

Günter

RandyL

Sep 23, 2007, 11:41:59 AM9/23/07
Hi KCat,
I tried flying the new Google Earth aircraft simulator with the keyboard,
but it is just so counter-intuitive for me. Do you know if the joystick can
be enabled for this? I would much prefer trying to fly with the joystick. By
the way...thank you so much for the keyboard shortcuts, it would have taken
me forever to find all of those.

Randy L.

--
"A good landing is one in which you can use the aircraft again."

"KCat" <kka...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

KCat

Sep 23, 2007, 12:43:17 PM9/23/07
On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:41:59 -0600, RandyL wrote:

> Hi KCat,

> Do you know if the joystick can
> be enabled for this?

Yes. I have a wingman2 attack2 joystick also and it works just fine with
the free google earth flight simulator.

The only thing about my wingman attack 2 joystick is that it only controls
the google earth throttle, elevators, and ailerons.

Does anyone know how to set the rudder pedals on google earth to be the
buttons on the wingman attack2 joystick?