coconut milk...what to do with opened can

Boothbay

Dec 12, 2007, 8:13:48 AM12/12/07
I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Dec 12, 2007, 10:02:16 AM12/12/07

"Boothbay" <harri...@aol.com> wrote in message

>I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

find a thai recipe that uses it. or just drink it.

Dee

Dec 12, 2007, 11:40:16 AM12/12/07
Boothbay <harri...@aol.com> wrote in news:db1130a4-292d-4b40-b40e-
b1fd40...@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

> I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

I have successfully frozen it and then thawed it later for use in another
recipe.

Dee

James

Dec 12, 2007, 11:43:45 AM12/12/07
On Dec 12, 10:02 am, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "Boothbay" <harri85...@aol.com> wrote in message

Add it to any curry.

James

Goomba38

Dec 12, 2007, 1:10:08 PM12/12/07
Boothbay wrote:
> I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

Google up a curry recipe or coconut rice.
I've used it in both of those things.

Ian

Dec 12, 2007, 1:27:19 PM12/12/07

"Boothbay" <harri...@aol.com> wrote in message

>I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

Add to a curry to calm it down a bit - make a Korma.

John Weiss

Dec 12, 2007, 2:55:56 PM12/12/07
"Boothbay" <harri...@aol.com> wrote...

>I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

Freeze it. We usually use half a can in curry, and put the rest in a Tupperware
bowl in the freezer until next time...

Ron Peterson

Dec 13, 2007, 12:57:49 AM12/13/07
On Dec 12, 7:13 am, Boothbay <harri85...@aol.com> wrote:
> I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

Dump it down the drain. It's full of saturated fats that will clog
your arteries.

--
Ron

Shawn Hirn

Dec 14, 2007, 7:59:54 AM12/14/07
In article
<db1130a4-292d-4b40...@c4g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
Boothbay <harri...@aol.com> wrote:

> I used just a little of it for sweet potato mash recipe. at a loss
> what to use the remainder for...any suggestions?

Go to http://www.google.com and search for "coconut milk recipes" and
you'll find tons of ideas on how to use it.