Flashlights and LED Upgrades

Blade

Jan 7, 2008, 6:19:53 PM1/7/08

Uncle Mikes
Underwater Kinetics
Vortex
Winchester

Don Klipstein

Jan 7, 2008, 9:20:07 PM1/7/08
In <affdd401-13eb-4d71...@21g2000hsj.googlegroups.com>,
Blade wrote:

>(In short, various LED flashlight/upgrade products)

There is now an LED "retrofit bulb" for 3-D-cell Mag lights. I just saw
that today at Sears. It appears to me to be similar to the LED assembly
in the 3-AA Mag rather than the Nite Ize products that I have seen before.

I am somewhat impressed by the 3-AA LED Mag, which I have seen at Sears
and Target.

I am impressed by the light output of Dorcy LED flashlights with LEDs of
at least 1 watt. The ones that I have tried have LED current varying
greatly with battery voltage, but they do appear to me to be good at
"stretching out" batteries that are getting low. They should work better
and more evenly (though with not as much of the spectacular initial
brightness) with rechargeable batteries.

NOTE - flashlights deployed in locations where they are used infrequently
and will be needed for emergencies should have non-rechargeable batteries,
since rechargeable ones self-discharge faster!

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Blade

Jan 8, 2008, 4:20:23 AM1/8/08
On Jan 7, 6:20 pm, d...@manx.misty.com (Don Klipstein) wrote: