Sprouting Seeds

Zepher

Sep 18, 2007, 10:58:22 AM9/18/07
I recently pulled out an old sprouting jar from the closet. In the past, I'd
buy "sprouting" seeds from a health food store. Anybody know if dry beans or
something else that can be bought cheaply from the grocery can be used
successfully?

Michael Black

Sep 18, 2007, 11:13:52 AM9/18/07
I don't know what the difference might be, but I've sprouted everyday
stuff like soybeans and sunflower seeds. What I recall was that the
"sprouting" seeds seemed to be pretty small seeds, which might mean
they weren't specifically for sprouting but that nobody would have
a use for them other than for sprouting. You obviously do lots
with soybeans, but what would you use radish seeds for other than
growing things?

Michael

Ron Peterson

Sep 18, 2007, 12:13:46 PM9/18/07

Asian food stores may have mung beans which are good for sprouting.

--
Ron

JonquilJan

Sep 20, 2007, 9:12:02 PM9/20/07
> Radish sprouts are zingy and peppery. Try this place for sprouting seeds
of many kinds and mixes. You can also find the same brand in most natural
food stores (not health food stores).

http://www.frontiercoop.com/

JonquilJan

Learn something new every day
As long as you are learning, you are living
When you stop learning, you start dying