Newsweek: "Financial Tips from Fluffy" (for kids)

leno...@yahoo.com

Mar 19, 2008, 5:13:25 PM3/19/08

http://www.newsweek.com/id/117928

Excerpts:

Children learn about money from their parents. That's bad news for my
daughter, because I don't set the best example.

Would you pay $7 for a bagel? I sure wouldn't, but my 7-year-old
daughter regularly does. Or at least she's willing to shell out seven
KinzCash bucks on a snack for one of her virtual pets in Webkinz
World, a site where she spends a blissfully quiet 30 minutes or so a
day. I know some parents think that Webkinz--little stuffed animals
that come with an online avatar that needs to be fed, exercised and
dressed in cute down vests and sneakers--is an elaborate plot to mold
our tots into avaricious consumers.

(end of excerpts)

Lenona.