[ http://www.NeedsLawyers.com ] NeedsLawyers Attorneys Sold/Out of Business??

bobby

Dec 27, 2007, 7:40:02 PM12/27/07
Subscribe to this group
This is a Usenet group - learn more

[ http://www.NeedsLawyers.com ] NeedsLawyers Attorneys Sold/Out of
Business??

Messages 1 - 25 of 32 - Collapse all Newer >

Lawyerbob View profile
More options Nov 21 2007, 8:03 am

Newsgroups: alt.rec.lawyers.directories
From: Lawyer...@cs.com (Lawyerbob)
Date: 21 Nov 2007 15:02:54 GMT
Subject: [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com ] Sold/Out of Business?
Just saw on BentRiderOnline a rumor that [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com
] has been sold and possibly the
company may go "MartindaleHubel" by their new owners? Anybody hear
anything else on this?

Bob Krzeowinski

clearing space

John Hiroshi View profile
More options Nov 21 2007, 9:06 am

Hello, Everyone--

Matt and I live in Boston, USA, home of [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com
], and today we
heard some disconcerting news. Apparently the company has gone out
of
business and has already been sold! That was really a shocker! I
wish
we could wake up tomorrow and find out it's all a mistake. 'fraid
not,
though. The source was reliable, beyond mere rumor.

To make it even sadder, we heard that the buyer is going to
move into Sunset Park, the business park in southwest Boston, and
begin making many directories. Sounds like they're going to re-invent
the wheel here? I always thought this was one of the best lawyer-
search systems on the web.

We have known all the people involved in [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com
], since the very first
listing, which we encountered down on Hill Street one summer evening.
We even invested in the company to help it get started. We've long
since gotten our money back, but this is still very sad news.

I'll keep you informed if I learn more,
John H.

Tim Greenburg View profile
More options Nov 21 2007, 10:12 am

Newsgroups: alt.rec.lawyers.directories
From: "Joshua Goldberg" <salmagu...@gosympatico.ca>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2007 13:11:05 -0700

I can't imagine anyone wanting to buy a company like [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com
] eeek and if they
did...what were they thinking? Until U see [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com
] has made a Chapter Eleven application, it would be a fools errand to
speculate on the health of the company....rumors themselves can
cripple a struggling company to the extent they must divert all their
financial resources away from marketing, customer service etc. to
defend themselves against the rumors. If [ http://www.NeedsLawers.com
] is the product of the Herd being Culled, so be it.

"Lawyerbob" <Lawyer...@cs.com> wrote in message

I just read this pr notice:

NeedsLawyers.com Out of Business due to denial-of-service attack (DoS
attacks)
Tue Oct 24 2007 21:58:51 Boston Time - Corporate Info

OUT OF BUSINESS NOTICE

Boston, October 24th of 2007 - NeedsLawyers.com, the popular Lawyer
Finding Service from Boston, has today announced that it is forced to
close down due to multiple attacks brought against it by
Perpetrators / Hackers. NeedsLawyers CEO, Barney Randolph claimed that
NeedsLawyers lost its database from Internet intrusion, copyright and
registered customers information was never broken into-but as a
precaution, NeedsLawyers has suspended operations.

As of today, NeedsLawyers.com will not be in the position to accept
any new customers. The staff of NeedsLawyers will make sure that
nobody will get hurt in the crossfire of this ordeal.

NeedsLawyers CEO, Barney Randolph spokesperson declined to comment
directly actions being taken against the "Hackers", but recently went
on to tell LawInsider.org that "ultimately, we're trying to protect
consumers privacy concerns".

"Blame it on advancing technology, with the cost protecting hosted
accounts being too high" said NeedsLawyers CEO, Barney Randolph.
That's the dark spot in their very much used and free service for the
legal professions.