another celebrity goes Scientology

markri...@gmail.com

May 31, 2008, 11:18:12 PM5/31/08
According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
VANILLA ICE.

Yes, that's right. Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.

In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasicebluray
http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasicebluray/signatures.html

Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

Mensanator

May 31, 2008, 11:28:08 PM5/31/08
On May 31, 10:18�pm, markritter...@gmail.com wrote:
> According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
> VANILLA ICE.
>
> Yes, that's right. �Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.
>
> In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
> from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.
>
> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasiceblurayhttp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasicebluray/signatures.html

> Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
> list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.

hamburger helper

May 31, 2008, 11:42:53 PM5/31/08

"Mensanator" <mensa...@aol.com> wrote in message

On May 31, 10:18?pm, markritter...@gmail.com wrote:
> According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
> VANILLA ICE.
>
> Yes, that's right. ?Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.

> In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
> from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.
>
> http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasiceblurayhttp://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasicebluray/signatures.html
>
> Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
> list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).

At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.

------------

Way to reach for the stars, Scientology. Who's next? One of the Corey's?
Michael Jackson? Oh wait, you guys already tried that.

HH

barb

Jun 1, 2008, 9:42:10 PM6/1/08

Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

--
Barb "That's Captain Barbossa to you!"
Chaplain, ARSCC (wdne)

“I think that the protections that we enjoy for freedom of worship exist
so long as we don’t step over the line. When religious worship and
belief cross over into things like fraud, victimization of others and
the disruption of the political arena, that protection is no longer
appropriate.”

--Robert Goff
Professor Emeritus, UCSC

Mensanator

Jun 1, 2008, 11:09:21 PM6/1/08
On Jun 1, 8:42 pm, barb <xenub...@netscape.net> wrote:
> Mensanator wrote:
> > On May 31, 10:18�pm, markritter...@gmail.com wrote:
> >> According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
> >> VANILLA ICE.
>
> >> Yes, that's right. �Mr. Robert Van Winkle himself.
>
> >> In celebration of his newfound religion, let's get his #1 hit movie
> >> from the 90's out in high-definition Blu-Ray disc.
>
> >>http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/coolasiceblurayhttp://www.ipetitio...

> >> Sign it (you don't need your real name) and see your signature on the
> >> list (we're up to 90 supporters already!).
>
> > At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist.
>
> Who is Vanilla Ice?

Someone who's 15 minutes expired long ago.

When it came down to being thrown off the roof
or become a Scientologist, he chose poorly.

Fredric L. Rice

Jun 2, 2008, 10:31:09 PM6/2/08
barb <xenu...@netscape.net> wrote:
>Mensanator wrote:
>> On May 31, 10:18�pm, markritter...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> According to CNN...The latest celebrity to become a Scientologist:
>>> VANILLA ICE.
>Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?

}:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but marginally
popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

---
"Anonymous is under yer plate, in your shorts, hanging from the ceiling" -- Phil Scott
"At least with crystal meth you don't end up a Scientologist." -- markritter

J. Clarke

Jul 3, 2010, 7:51:18 AM7/3/10
On 6/2/2008 10:31 PM, Fredric L. Rice wrote:
> barb<xenu...@netscape.net> wrote:
>> Mensanator wrote:
>> Who is Vanilla Ice? Do they sell them on Venice Beach?
>
> }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but marginally
> popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}

Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it
once--I don't remember her exact words but it was something to the
effect that suburban white people are surprised to find that they have
raised black children.

Virginia Tadrzynski

Jul 3, 2010, 12:14:43 PM7/3/10

"J. Clarke" <jclarke...@cox.net> wrote in message

His 15 eclipsed a few years ago. Doing what needs doing to stay in the
public eye. Shame.

John McWilliams

Jul 3, 2010, 12:26:19 PM7/3/10
Virginia Tadrzynski wrote:
> "J. Clarke" <jclarke...@cox.net> wrote in message
>>> }:-} It was a crapper from like 20 years ago, a nobody now but
>>> marginally
>>> popular among white children who wanted to grow up to be Negros. }:-}
>> Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
>>
>> It is an interesting phenomenon. Whoopi Goldberg commented on it once--I
>> don't remember her exact words but it was something to the effect that
>> suburban white people are surprised to find that they have raised black
>> children.
>
> His 15 eclipsed a few years ago. Doing what needs doing to stay in the
> public eye. Shame.

Yehc

porky_...@my-deja.com

Jul 3, 2010, 12:56:44 PM7/3/10
On Jul 3, 7:51 am, "J. Clarke" <jclarke.use...@cox.net> wrote:

> Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

It's wigger.

Honest Abe

Jul 3, 2010, 2:26:53 PM7/3/10
"J. Clarke" <jclarke...@cox.net> wrote in message

Is the racism expressed above the result of Elron Flubbard's indoctrination?
After all he was a racist, misogynist, homophobe - all one could expect from
an enlightened OT "Source" - or pretenter thereto.

Message has been deleted

zxcvbob

Jul 4, 2010, 1:10:18 AM7/4/10
On 7/3/2010 10:33 AM, John McWilliams wrote:
> Hmmm.
> fu set

Seriously? They are called "wiggers". Unless you are talking about
John Howard Griffin (author of the book _Black Like Me_) HTH :-)

Bob

Twibil

Jul 4, 2010, 1:47:51 AM7/4/10
On Jul 3, 4:51 am, "J. Clarke" <jclarke.use...@cox.net> wrote:

> Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?

Two of them:

1.) "Author". (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Like_Me )

2.) "Confused".

Twibil

Jul 4, 2010, 1:50:15 AM7/4/10
On Jul 3, 9:56 am, "porky_pig...@my-deja.com" <porky_pig...@my-

deja.com> wrote:

> > Is there a word to describe a white guy who's trying to pass for black?
>
> It's wigger.

No, that's just an insult used by racists to describe anyone who's not
a racist.

J. Clarke

Jul 4, 2010, 7:11:24 AM7/4/10

When did Whoopi Goldberg become a scientologist? And how is a comment
about white people aspiring to be black "racist" anyway?

husk

Jul 4, 2010, 8:46:07 AM7/4/10
On Jul 3, 7:51 am, "J. Clarke" <jclarke.use...@cox.net> wrote:
> On 6/2/2008 10:31 PM, Fredric L. Rice wrote:
>
> > barb<xenub...@netscape.net>  wrote:

J-Roc black or white?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybFjA-54JIA&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRP3oFjep_Y