Are you Waiting for Google Smart Phone

think

Sep 3, 2007, 12:13:43 PM9/3/07
here are some news and pics of Google pocket PC...
http://9bignews.googlepages.com/gphone_is_comming

rick++

Sep 3, 2007, 1:22:44 PM9/3/07
Two ideas: (besides the silly picture of replacing the Apple in an
iPhone image
with a Google logo)

(1) Apple gains a lot of leveraging of its existing software by
putting essentially
the same version of Apple-UNIX in the iPod, iPhone, and iMac.
Its rumored the next iPod announcement adds a lot of iPhone features.
The next MacOS will incorprate the iPhone's Multi-point user interface
too.
Existing cellphones used "toy operating systems" which are showing
their limits for large-scale applications.
MicroSoft has been working on Windows Compact Edition which is most
of windows on a mobile device.
Google may be doing a beefed up mobile computer too.

(2) Google has been trying to buy large amounts of WiFi spectrum,
especially when television gives its analog bandwidth up in 2009.
WiFi and celluar-phone are two different systems, despite both being
based on radio. I suspect the google engineers might have some very
clever technology to exploit WiFI in ways we havent seen before.
I guess when Sergey tried to load a Google Map
onto his Blackberry or iPhone and found it took tens of seconds
that he'd have a better way of doing it.

aice

Sep 29, 2007, 12:53:23 PM9/29/07
my blog

very good