What (rodent?) did this???

condo...@yahoo.com

Sep 28, 2007, 11:18:44 PM9/28/07
Hello,

Recently I found something odd had happened to
the anttraps in my finished basement. The traps
were under the hot water radiator pipes.

You can see some pictures I took here:

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2289.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2290.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2291.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2292.jpg
- as I found them

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2293.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2294.jpg
- One corner was chewed out on each of the traps

http://www.geocities.com/condor_222/anttrap/dsc_2296.jpg
- there were lots of pieces of plastic remaining.
- note the size and round shape.

I thought this was really odd. What would be going for
an ant trap? What would chew out the corners, and leave
pieces the shape of crescent moons? A snake?

Any ideas??

user

Sep 29, 2007, 12:00:41 AM9/29/07

Cthulhu. Without a doubt.

- Rich

--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

Gene S. Berkowitz

Sep 29, 2007, 9:54:40 AM9/29/07
In article <1191035924....@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
condo...@yahoo.com says...

Mice. Ant traps typically use sugar as bait mixed with boric acid or
something nastier. Like all rodents, mice need to chew to keep their
incisors from getting too long.

--Gene

Bear

Sep 30, 2007, 9:27:44 PM9/30/07

Mice. They'll eat anything. They are all coming inside about now. If you go
with bait traps, keep them out of the reach of pets and kids.