Legal living in a commercial bldg?

former POW

Aug 31, 2008, 9:50:24 PM8/31/08
Can one live in a former "commercial" or industrial area ? California
--
If guns are out-lawed. Only the Out-laws & politicians will have guns.
Message has been deleted

Vandy Terre

Sep 1, 2008, 5:03:45 PM9/1/08
On Sun, 31 Aug 2008 18:50:24 -0700, former POW <george...@humboldt1.com>
wrote:

>Can one live in a former "commercial" or industrial area ? California

The correct answer depends on local area zoning or State zoning laws.

Although I have lived in the back of my shop legally in both Indiana and
Georgia. Great for short term living needs and money is low. In the long run I
would not want to live in my shop unless I could have a real apartment built
into it.

Coffee's For Closers

Sep 1, 2008, 8:31:56 PM9/1/08
In article <georgewkspam-CA08...@sn-ip.vsrv-
sjc.supernews.net>, george...@humboldt1.com says...

> Can one live in a former "commercial" or industrial area ? California

It depends on how the individual property is zoned. I would call
the County Clerk's office to ask how to look up the info.

Also, there is issue of whether you personally own the building,
or whether it is a rental. Although that may be a "getting away
with it" type of issue.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

phil scott

Sep 1, 2008, 11:33:38 PM9/1/08

sure... people do it all the time... the issue is trying to rent
habital spacew that does not meet code... then the *landlord has a
problem... but you..you can live where ever..even in the doorway of
city hall... the police cant handle that sort of thing. especially if
there are no complaints. squatters are comon also.

enjoy... peace brother.

Phil scott

rock-a-day johnny

Sep 5, 2008, 4:08:05 PM9/5/08
In article <uvlob4hsa3jlrpake...@4ax.com>,
Vandy Terre <va...@tanglewood-destiny.com> wrote:

this would be owner occupied. In NYC this was such a problem that they
"created" a "A.I.R." law. Artist In Residence. esp. for the wonderful
lofts. Now it's too "Hip" and expensive. sigh ...