Take a hot shower w/o your water tank

Cheapo Groovo

Jun 13, 2008, 12:04:32 PM6/13/08

Al Bundy

Jun 15, 2008, 4:55:22 PM6/15/08

Cheapo Groovo wrote:
> Just use a solar/camp shower in the summer
> http://store.sundancesolar.com/sosh5ga.html

If it's warm enough, just go out in the rain. Please keep that Speedo
on though.

Seerialmom

Jun 17, 2008, 4:10:25 PM6/17/08
On Jun 13, 9:04 am, Cheapo Groovo <c...@nospam.com> wrote:
> Just use a solar/camp shower in the summerhttp://store.sundancesolar.com/sosh5ga.html
>
> http://www.cheapogroovo.com

I've considered this for years; even without buying a special "solar"
shower you should be able to set up a water tank that gets full sun
exposure and then connect a hose from it to one of those backyard pool
showers they sell at Target. Then again, you could be lazy and buy
one of the "solar showers" they mention on this site (they also have
the one I was talking about, just noticed they also have the solar
ones as well):

http://www.parpools.com/Page/Pool/PoolAccessories/Outdoor_showers.htm

James

Jun 17, 2008, 4:35:06 PM6/17/08
On Jun 17, 4:10 pm, Seerialmom <seerial...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Jun 13, 9:04 am, Cheapo Groovo <c...@nospam.com> wrote:
>
> > Just use a solar/camp shower in the summerhttp://store.sundancesolar.com/sosh5ga.html
>
> >http://www.cheapogroovo.com
>
> I've considered this for years; even without buying a special "solar"
> shower you should be able to set up a water tank that gets full sun
> exposure and then connect a hose from it to one of those backyard pool
> showers they sell at Target.  Then again, you could be lazy and buy
> one of the "solar showers" they mention on this site (they also have
> the one I was talking about, just noticed they also have the solar
> ones as well):

I bought this one for camping - instructions on the box - leave out in
the sun for three hours. Apparently it can heat the water over 100
degrees.
http://www.modernoutpost.com/gear/details/cg_shower.php

Note the same site has more durable ones. For three times the price. I
might spring for something more durable if I planned to use it at my
house.

James

BeaF...@msn.com

Jun 18, 2008, 11:37:39 PM6/18/08

The problem I've had with the camping solar shower is that it gets too
hot. Sure one can add cool water, but it isn't as easy to control the
temp as in a real shower.