Frugal baseball (San Francisco version)-Feel free to post for your area

George Grapman

Jun 4, 2008, 1:31:40 AM6/4/08
Went to the Giants game tonight and it was very frugal.

Tickets- I was watching a game at home last week and they announced
a special $11 ticket promotion (Ch.11 is their local station). I figured
it would be bleacher seats but I got two in the upper deck behind home.
They are normally $20 and I consider that a fair price when compared to
any other live entertainment where you see the best performers in their
field.

Parking- Most street parking limits and meters expire at 6 p.m.. The
game was at 7:15. Found a truck zone at 5:45 and waited 15 minutes while
reading the paper. It was 15-20 minute walk to the park but I was lazy
and took public transit for $3 round trip. Also could have driven to the
BART station 2 miles from home for another $3 round trip but knew
parking downtown would get me home sooner,

Refreshments- $5 sandwich at the local deli,a few cookies and bottled
water (the only bans on outside stuff are cans,bottles and alcohol). It
got cold in the 7th inning but I resisted the urge for a $3.50 coffee.

Al Bundy

Jun 6, 2008, 6:24:40 PM6/6/08

So I saved at least $19 by not even going. Man, I feel good.
Try that park and ride mode around here and you'd be lucky to get
home.
Even the cops and firefighters get mugged here when not on duty.

George Grapman

Jun 6, 2008, 6:40:55 PM6/6/08

That park/ride option is not intended for every location.
I should add the nice option for A's games. Drive to the Bay Fair
station two stations south of the Coliseum ,park for free in the BART
lot and pay $3 round trip.