Stagflation ...the next big thang...and a cure of sorts

phil scott

Oct 28, 2008, 2:17:22 PM10/28/08
Educate yourself at the hands on level...become an entrepreneur, thats
where baloney walks and skills talk...

I am 67 years old and currently doing reasonably well only because my
skill sets have recently come back in demand due to the decline of
talent as most old farts are retiring.. and because of my ongoing
agressive accumulation of new skills and abilities.

...the new breed of kiddies doesnt have much of a clue... and that
includes many in the under age 45 bracket .. under at 35 its a
complete disaster as best I can tell... I run into pipe wholesalers
these days who will send me a box of pipe unions when i ordered
valves... completely stunning levels of incompetence... on a recent
test that included the branch manager... I gave him a spec and a
sketch of a common fitting adapter... he came back with a whole box
full of everything but and said take your pick.... no clue at
all..not even the faintest.

(there is hope, a new breed... teens to 20 somethings seem to have
seen through much of this but are hampered by a grossly incompetent US
educational system, lack of employer training in a majority of cases,
and such low pay that they have no incentive to study up at home..)

Stagflation:
See my other posts on the underlying factors. these are not
reversible in the US. We are in for it.

accordingly the stock market will *rise in terms of dollars per share,
as wages decline (in relation to living costs)... thats stagnation/
inflation combination.... it will bankrupt a lot of people and
companies. it will make the US a bad place to invest (see caveat
below)... the US had been living on foreign capitol for decades...that
has come to an end.

****
However...
I expect the stock market to double in terms of dollars per share over
the next few years... as bread, gasoline, raw material increases at
15% more than that. tripleing, as the DOW doubles. (a net loss of
value in the range of 50%..and thats also been the case with the DOW
since 1993. its lost net value, as the dollar price rose.

***

the ultra rich will get a lot richer by means of buying on margin..
5% . so that the gains as the other 95% of the stock doubles will
amount to thousands of percentage points profit on the 5% they
invested in buying the stock on margin.

thats an insiders game... outsiders trying to tag along will be taken
out by the pre-arranged dips in this overall market uptrend. The
insiders (using untraceable) proxies know what 'good news', bad news
or spin they will release and when and be ahead of that with their
long or short selling.

***
99% of the general public will lose on that basis...but limitless
wealth awaits those insiders... there is no cure in sight as this is
not preventable.

***

My advice; If you go long on margin, get the longest contracts
possible, and ride them out.. be well informed, keep diversified in
the major industrials....you might have a slim chance that way..very
slim.... these largest firms have a harder time manipulating thier
stock price than smaller companies with narrower vested interests.

and invest in yourself, your own marketable skill sets, health and
fitness, keeping costs well below income, with minimal taxation
exposure., take care of your business relationships and income
streams.

as this mess tanks, and govt keeps on bloating it will become
ruthlessly voracious... ruining many lives and eliminating whats left
of the middle class.

cutting ppty tax, and income tax exposure will be critical to
survival.. there are many legal and ethical ways to accomplish that
summed up in the categories of cooperation, joint venture, right
relationship and full use of capitol equipment etc.

Phil scott

you can find my list of demographic and underlying factors posts on
Misc.Invest.stocks and alt.computer.consultants

Rod Speed

Oct 28, 2008, 4:02:57 PM10/28/08
phil scott <ph...@philscott.net> wrote

> Educate yourself at the hands on level...become an
> entrepreneur, thats where baloney walks and skills talk...

> I am 67 years old and currently doing reasonably well

No you havent. You dont even have a house to live in.

> only because my skill sets have recently come back in demand due
> to the decline of talent as most old farts are retiring.. and because
> of my ongoing agressive accumulation of new skills and abilities.

And when you end up with a serious medical problem the shit will really hit the fan.

> ...the new breed of kiddies doesnt have much of a clue...
> and that includes many in the under age 45 bracket ..
> under at 35 its a complete disaster as best I can tell...

The ancient greeks used to sit around in their togas or
whatever they wore and rave on precisely the same way.

> I run into pipe wholesalers these days who will send me a box of pipe
> unions when i ordered valves... completely stunning levels of incompetence...

Corse nothing like that ever happened in the past, eh ?

> on a recent test that included the branch manager...
> I gave him a spec and a sketch of a common fitting adapter...
> he came back with a whole box full of everything but and
> said take your pick.... no clue at all..not even the faintest.

Corse nothing like that ever happened in the past, eh ?

> (there is hope, a new breed... teens to 20 somethings seem to have
> seen through much of this but are hampered by a grossly incompetent
> US educational system, lack of employer training in a majority of cases,
> and such low pay that they have no incentive to study up at home..)

Anyone with a clue doesnt need an education system.

> Stagflation:
> See my other posts on the underlying factors.

No thanks, that was all completely mindless silly shit.

> these are not reversible in the US. We are in for it.

Have fun explaining how come we managed to survive the great depression fine.

> accordingly the stock market will *rise in terms of dollars per share, as wages
> decline (in relation to living costs)... thats stagnation/ inflation combination....

No it isnt.

> it will bankrupt a lot of people and companies. it will make the US a bad place to invest (see
> caveat below)... the US had been living on foreign capitol for decades...that has come to an end.

No it hasnt. And its capital, not capitol. A capitol is a building, stupid.

> ****
> However...
> I expect the stock market to double in terms of dollars per share
> over the next few years... as bread, gasoline, raw material
> increases at 15% more than that. tripleing, as the DOW doubles.

More fool you. The price of commoditys is dropping thru the floor, stupid.

Have a look at the price of wheat sometime.

> (a net loss of value in the range of 50%..and thats also been the case
> with the DOW since 1993. its lost net value, as the dollar price rose.

That wasnt due to the dollar price rising.

> ***

> the ultra rich will get a lot richer by means of buying on margin.. 5%

No one will let them buy on margin with the DOW dropping like a stone, stupid.

> so that the gains as the other 95% of the stock doubles
> will amount to thousands of percentage points profit on
> the 5% they invested in buying the stock on margin.

No one will let them buy on margin with the DOW dropping like a stone, stupid.

And they'll be losing money when the stock drops like a stone anyway.

> thats an insiders game... outsiders trying to tag along will be
> taken out by the pre-arranged dips in this overall market uptrend.

There is no overall market uptrend, just sucker rallys.

> The insiders (using untraceable) proxies know what 'good
> news', bad news or spin they will release and when and
> be ahead of that with their long or short selling.

How odd that so many hedge funds are sinking beneath the waves.

> ***
> 99% of the general public will lose on that basis...but limitless wealth
> awaits those insiders... there is no cure in sight as this is not preventable.

How odd that so many hedge funds are sinking beneath the waves.

> ***

> My advice;

After your mindless silly shit above, no one is going to take your 'advice' on anything at all, ever.

> If you go long on margin, get the longest contracts possible,
> and ride them out.. be well informed, keep diversified in the
> major industrials....you might have a slim chance that way..very
> slim.... these largest firms have a harder time manipulating thier
> stock price than smaller companies with narrower vested interests.

> and invest in yourself, your own marketable skill sets, health and fitness,
> keeping costs well below income, with minimal taxation exposure., take
> care of your business relationships and income streams.

Makes a lot more sense to have owned the house you live in before the real estate bubble.

You couldnt even manage that.

> as this mess tanks, and govt keeps on bloating it will become ruthlessly
> voracious... ruining many lives and eliminating whats left of the middle class.

You aint anything even remotely resembling anything like middle class.

Just another bum.

> cutting ppty tax, and income tax exposure will be critical to survival..

Having your house paid off is actually if the shit does hit the fan.

> there are many legal and ethical ways to accomplish that
> summed up in the categories of cooperation, joint venture,
> right relationship and full use of capitol equipment etc.

They wont let bums like you use the capitol, they keep that for the politicians.

> you can find my list of demographic and underlying factors
> posts on Misc.Invest.stocks and alt.computer.consultants

That shit should be flushed where it belongs since it clearly
didnt even manage to allow you to own a decent house.

Don Klipstein

Oct 28, 2008, 9:40:25 PM10/28/08
In <6mp9fkF...@mid.individual.net>, infamous Rod Speed wrote in part:

>Corse nothing like that ever happened in the past, eh ?

>No it hasnt. And its capital, not capitol. A capitol is a building, stupid.

>More fool you. The price of commoditys is dropping thru the floor, stupid.

The sub-troll that likes to irritate everyone, especially those who work
for a living apparently because they get more income than someone who is
apparently on disability for an apparent mental condition, is now trying
among other things a spelling flame.
Meanwhile, the sub-troll continues with his favored misspelings that he
defends with "like it or lump it" when he gets called on them.

The sub-troll even has a FAQ about him. That FAQ may have not been
updated in close to a decade, but still it has good validity since the
sub-troll has appeared to me to have emotional maturity advancing by about
1 year to about that of age 12 or so in the past decade. Any decent
search engine should be able to find you a few copies of that FAQ that
say plenty well.

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Rod Speed

Oct 28, 2008, 11:39:35 PM10/28/08
Some terminal fuckwit that hasnt ever been able to manage
a better job than delivering pizzas by bicycle, claiming to be
Don Klipstein <d...@manx.misty.com> wrote just the usual
puerile silly shit that's exactly what you'd expect from a
terminal fuckwit that hasnt ever been able to manage
a better job than delivering pizzas by bicycle.

Don Klipstein

Oct 29, 2008, 3:03:47 AM10/29/08

With all the time you spend online, you are still unaware that what
I professionally deliver by bicycle and have professionally delivered
by bicycle since I started such work in January 1985 has included 2
pizzas, both of them more than 15 years ago.
Not that even 30% of the miles I have travelled by a vehicle that I was
driving in any of every year in my life that I drove a vehicle were done
via a vehicle with any sort of a motor! Is such ability to outright
travel by bicycle nowadays an asset more than a liability?

You better improve your research on your many deserved enemies or else
change your ways enough to make the FAQ on you untrue to extent much
greater than achieving close to 1 year of advancement of emotional
maturity towards age 12 from what the maybe-10-year-old FAQ on you
indicates.

I do have more than 1 job. You are doing better at being an irritant
sub-troll deserving a FAQ than knowing the enemies that you like to
accumulate.

And I do not mind this posting of mine being killfiled by old-heads on
basis of responding once or twice or thrice monthly to the sub-troll on
basis of liking to expose better to newbies how severely Usenet has a
sub-troll having a FAQ that is fairly-current even if something like 10
years old!

Will you attempt to "get in the last word" via your occaisional-MO
that uses "flushing of reams" (my paraphrasing) or will you repeat your
more-usual-one(s)-using-"fuckwit" and 100% snippage of what was said by
the whoever you respond to via such a tactic?

- Don Klipstein (d...@misty.com)

Rod Speed

Oct 29, 2008, 4:47:17 AM10/29/08

Tony

Oct 29, 2008, 8:33:23 PM10/29/08
Stagflation is something you won't see as the whole world with the
exception of a few countries is in recession. What you will see in America
is about 2 to 3 years of deflation followed by high inflation or the term
hyperinflation. You want to start buying gold, silver and platinum in a
few years' time. I know you've heard it before but i never get anything
wrong. What you say about these punks is correct. All of them are
imbeciles.

phil scott wrote:

--
The Grandmaster of the CyberFROG

Come get your ticket to CyberFROG city

proper manners

beyond the realm of understandability

Tony

Oct 29, 2008, 8:40:33 PM10/29/08
Stock markets will never have a run like from 1982 to 2007 in your
lifetime again. Maybe not for the next thousand years. Stock markets never
go up when everyone is in stocks they go up when no one is in stocks. I
can tell you right now you want to be in the precious metals in about 2 to
3 years' time. The stock market will probably be the worst place to put
your money and the market is still grossly overvalued. The foreign markets
are much more overvalued than the American market. Stay clear of the stock
market for the rest of your life unless you're buying precious metal
stocks in the future.