Watch chafing arm. Remedy?

Ken

May 19, 2008, 1:01:53 PM5/19/08
In this hot sweaty weather my watch chafes my arm badly, sliding up and
down. Is there anything I can put on the inside of the watch and metal
expansion ban to reduce this? I switch the watch from one arm to the
other every few days and wear the watch only when going out away from
clocks. That helps but it would be nice to eliminate the problem.

Any suggestions?

TIA

Ken

Al Bundy

May 19, 2008, 4:32:39 PM5/19/08

Ken wrote:
> In this hot sweaty weather my watch chafes my arm badly, sliding up and
> down. Is there anything I can put on the inside of the watch and metal
> expansion ban to reduce this? I switch the watch from one arm to the
> other every few days and wear the watch only when going out away from
> clocks. That helps but it would be nice to eliminate the problem.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA
>
> Ken

Apparently, the watch band does not fit. It's too big and moves
around. It should be snug enough to stay in place and not tight enough
to restrict. If you know how to do it, removing links in expansion
bands is an easy process. Pick a spot in the middle. Bend the tabs on
the decorative cover and pull one cover off. Then you can remove what
you need and reassemble. You need to remove metal "U" springs on each
side for the band to come apart. It's fairly intuitive once you get
into it. Or a jeweler can do it. Or you can buy a leather adjustable
band.

Lou

May 19, 2008, 8:25:55 PM5/19/08

"Ken" <inv...@invalid.com> wrote in message

> In this hot sweaty weather my watch chafes my arm badly, sliding up and
> down. Is there anything I can put on the inside of the watch and metal
> expansion ban to reduce this? I switch the watch from one arm to the
> other every few days and wear the watch only when going out away from
> clocks. That helps but it would be nice to eliminate the problem.
>
> Any suggestions?

Get a watchband that fits.
Keep the watch in your pocket instead of on your wrist.
Get a real pocket watch.
Get a watch you wear on around your neck, like a necklace.
Get a golfer's clip on watch.
Get a pin on watch and wear it on your shirt.
If you carry a cell phone, you don't need a watch on your person.