Increased Animal Experimentation

Visual Purple

Oct 30, 2008, 8:50:12 PM10/30/08
Increased Animal Experimentation

About a year ago, Alex Jones showed a document that criminalizes
certain activities that the government of the US claims "obstructs"
the flow of society and/or business. One of those activities is animal
rights endorsement. At the time it seemed so extreme and far out to me
that I made a mental note of it, but filed it away in my memory as
something not demanding immediate concern.

Now I'm concerned.

I'm nobody's vegan, or even vegetarian, but I do recognize the fact
that animals have rights to life.

I cannot accept animal testing on products.

I went to get my Son some more of his favorite body wash/shampoo for
men. It's an Israeli brand called "Hawaii".

I looked at the label on the back of the squeeze bottle for some
reason, even though I was quite sure that the bunny that shows that
it's not tested on animals is on the label. It wasn't.

I was almost positive that if we embraced the product as a "regular"
that it must not be tested on animals.

I didn't buy the body wash/shampoo. I wanted to double check at home.
Sure enough, when I got home I saw that the squeeze bottle we have
does have a bunny on it and says that the product is not tested on
animals.

I checked other products in the store. Again, products that I am quite
sure had the bunny and said they were not tested on animals now do not
have the bunny on them.

I am not talking about products we import through Unilever, which
never had the bunny on them. I'm talking about the products I once
felt confident were cruelty-free.

This may be a trend in regression to animal experimentation.

Please be very careful about the products you buy, even those you
thought are cruelty-free may not be now.

If you care, please check every product that you buy.

Boycott any products that experiment on animals. Those experiments are
horrific.

Even products for babies can be, and some are, formulated without
testing on animals.

There is simply no excuse for it and nothing justifies a company
reverting back to testing on animals when they know damn well that the
products they formulated were just fine without testing them on
animals.

I am going to send this notification to a number of companies and let
them know that I am broadcasting this all over the net.

Please join with me in both protesting this wanton cruelty and letting
the companies know we will boycott any product that was developed by
torturing a helpless animal.

This is not some kooky cause. This is a very real necessity. Animals
are treated horrendously by people interested in nothing but profits
and that includes many, many industries.

This is a list of products to boycott. They remain recalcitrant in the
face of ongoing boycott. More people are needed to stop buying their
products to break their backs.

None of these products are essential and none do not have cruelty-free
alternative products on the market.

Avon Cosmetics Jeyes
Beiersdorf Johnson & Johnson
The Body Shop/L'Oreal+ Lancome
Chanel Lever Faberge
Christion Dior L'Oreal/Nestle
Clinique Miners Cosmetics
Colgate Palmolive PZ Cussons
Coty Reckitt Benckiser
Ecover* Revlon
Est×™e Lauder SC Johnson
FCUK Virgin Vie
Garnier Yardley
Givenchy Yves Rocher
GlaxoSmithKline Yves Saint Laurent
Helena Rubenstein Unilever

Unilever markets widely in Israel. They are a very aggressive company.
Though their site claims that they are committed to phasing out
experiments on animals, they appear on the lists of offending
companies.

None of the products that they market in Israel are indicated that
they do not do testing on animals - not one.

I have written to them complaining about this.

The e-addies are:

feedback.israel at unilever dot com

sherut.israel at unilver dot com

D2

Rod Speed

Oct 30, 2008, 10:18:54 PM10/30/08
Visual Purple <Doree...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Increased Animal Experimentation
>
> About a year ago, Alex Jones showed a document that criminalizes
> certain activities that the government of the US claims "obstructs"
> the flow of society and/or business. One of those activities is animal
> rights endorsement. At the time it seemed so extreme and far out to me
> that I made a mental note of it, but filed it away in my memory as
> something not demanding immediate concern.

> Now I'm concerned.

> I'm nobody's vegan, or even vegetarian, but I do
> recognize the fact that animals have rights to life.

No they dont when I want to eat them.

And they wouldnt have any life at all if we didnt eat them.

> I cannot accept animal testing on products.

Your problem. No one is holding a gun to your head and
forcing you to buy anything thats been tested on animals.

> I went to get my Son some more of his favorite body wash/
> shampoo for men. It's an Israeli brand called "Hawaii".

Your problem.

> I looked at the label on the back of the squeeze bottle for some
> reason, even though I was quite sure that the bunny that shows
> that it's not tested on animals is on the label. It wasn't.

Your problem.

> I was almost positive that if we embraced the product
> as a "regular" that it must not be tested on animals.

Your problem.

> I didn't buy the body wash/shampoo. I wanted to double check at home.
> Sure enough, when I got home I saw that the squeeze bottle we have
> does have a bunny on it and says that the product is not tested on animals.

Your problem.

> I checked other products in the store. Again, products
> that I am quite sure had the bunny and said they were
> not tested on animals now do not have the bunny on them.

Your problem.

> I am not talking about products we import through Unilever,
> which never had the bunny on them. I'm talking about the
> products I once felt confident were cruelty-free.

Your problem.

> This may be a trend in regression to animal experimentation.

Or may not.

> Please be very careful about the products you buy,

Bugger off.

> even those you thought are cruelty-free may not be now.

I dont care.

> If you care,

I dont.

> please check every product that you buy.

Bugger off. No please, thats an order.

> Boycott any products that experiment on animals.

Bugger off.

> Those experiments are horrific.

You dont even know how they are tested.

> Even products for babies can be, and some
> are, formulated without testing on animals.

More fool the manufacturers.

> There is simply no excuse for it

Wrong, as always.

> and nothing justifies a company reverting back to testing on animals when they know damn
> well that the products they formulated were just fine without testing them on animals.

You dont know that the formulation hasnt changed.

> I am going to send this notification to a number of companies
> and let them know that I am broadcasting this all over the net.

Bet that wil have their suits pouring from their windows like lemmings.

> Please join with me in both protesting this wanton cruelty

Bugger off.

> and letting the companies know we will boycott any product
> that was developed by torturing a helpless animal.

That would be a lie.

> This is not some kooky cause.

You're lying now.

> This is a very real necessity.

You're lying again.

> Animals are treated horrendously by people interested in
> nothing but profits and that includes many, many industries.

And again.

> This is a list of products to boycott.

Bugger off.

> They remain recalcitrant in the face of ongoing boycott.

Your problem.

> More people are needed to stop buying their products to break their backs.

Taint gunna happen. And breaking backs aint cruelty ?

> None of these products are essential

Neither are you. So kill yourself forthwith.

> and none do not have cruelty-free alternative products on the market.

Your problem.

> Avon Cosmetics Jeyes
> Beiersdorf Johnson & Johnson
> The Body Shop/L'Oreal+ Lancome
> Chanel Lever Faberge
> Christion Dior L'Oreal/Nestle
> Clinique Miners Cosmetics
> Colgate Palmolive PZ Cussons
> Coty Reckitt Benckiser
> Ecover* Revlon

> Est?e Lauder SC Johnson

> FCUK Virgin Vie
> Garnier Yardley
> Givenchy Yves Rocher
> GlaxoSmithKline Yves Saint Laurent
> Helena Rubenstein Unilever

> Unilever markets widely in Israel.

Their problem.

> They are a very aggressive company.

Your problem.

> Though their site claims that they are committed to phasing out experiments
> on animals, they appear on the lists of offending companies.

Your problem.

> None of the products that they market in Israel are
> indicated that they do not do testing on animals - not one.

Your problem.

> I have written to them complaining about this.

Bet that wil have their suits pouring from their windows like lemmings.

> The e-addies are:

> feedback.israel at unilever dot com

> sherut.israel at unilver dot com

Where your emails all get flushed where they belong.