Anyone now building or is interested in building a pellet stove?

BadBill

Dec 5, 2007, 2:34:58 PM12/5/07
I was wondering if anyone has started a project to build a pellet
stove. If there is anyone out there, I would like someone to partner
with to design and build a complete low-cost pellet stove. I have
some electronics/computer/mechanical background so am willing to
stumble thru the process. Objective would be an "Open Source" like
project that anybody could copy. Possible follow up of some kind of
pelletizing system. My thoughts would include the use of wood chips,
after drying, from a local tree trimmer.

Thanks

James

Dec 5, 2007, 3:07:50 PM12/5/07

Don't tell your insurance company or you might have a very difficult
time with home insureance. In my province I had better get
professionals to install a factory made woodstove or gas fireplace, or
pellet stove, or I will have trouble finding a company to insure my
house.

James