OT: Unbelievable Math Problem

Jamie

Aug 31, 2007, 9:30:48 PM8/31/07
Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.

1. Grab a calculator (you won't be able to do this one in your
head).

2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the
area code.)

3. Multiply by 80

4. Add 1

5. Multiply by 250

6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number

7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.

8. Subtract 250

9. Divide number by 2 - Do you recognize the answer

Relayer

Aug 31, 2007, 9:49:30 PM8/31/07

It works with any set of numbers. 111-1111

Don K

Aug 31, 2007, 9:56:24 PM8/31/07
"Jamie" <jan...@ihollister.net> wrote in message

You don't believe the commutative, associative or distributive laws of math?
( ( (nnn * 80) +1 ) 250 + mmmm + mmmm - 250 ) / 2
( nnn * 80 * 250 + 250 + mmmm * 2 - 250 ) /2
( nnn * 80 * 125 + mmmm )
nnn *10000 + mmmm
nnn0000 + mmmm
nnnmmmm

Don

Jamie

Aug 31, 2007, 10:15:11 PM8/31/07
On Aug 31, 6:56 pm, "Don K" <dk@dont_bother_me.com> wrote:
> "Jamie" <jann...@ihollister.net> wrote in message

I didn't know all that. I received the above in an e-mail.

Jamie "I was amazed" Ghione

Rod Speed

Aug 31, 2007, 10:16:21 PM8/31/07
Jamie <jan...@ihollister.net> wrote:

> Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.

No it wont.

> 1. Grab a calculator (you won't be able to do this one in your head).

Some can.

> 2. Key in the first three digits of your phone number (NOT the area code.)

> 3. Multiply by 80

> 4. Add 1

> 5. Multiply by 250

> 6. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number

> 7. Add the last 4 digits of your phone number again.

> 8. Subtract 250

> 9. Divide number by 2 - Do you recognize the answer

Complete trivial maths trick that any school kid with a clue knows about.

Zemborato

Aug 31, 2007, 11:21:50 PM8/31/07

> On Aug 31, 6:56 pm, "Don K" <dk@dont_bother_me.com> wrote:
>> "Jamie" <jann...@ihollister.net> wrote in message

>> > Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.

>> You don't believe the commutative, associative or distributive laws of

>> math?
>> ( ( (nnn * 80) +1 ) 250 + mmmm + mmmm - 250 ) / 2
>> ( nnn * 80 * 250 + 250 + mmmm * 2 - 250 ) /2
>> ( nnn * 80 * 125 + mmmm )
>> nnn *10000 + mmmm
>> nnn0000 + mmmm
>> nnnmmmm
>>
>> Don
>
> I didn't know all that. I received the above in an e-mail.
>
> Jamie "I was amazed" Ghione

Math is amazing. Once you know what the magician knows, it isn't magic any
more.

Zem 2.01
------------------
I'm not annoying you, that's just your panties in a wad.

jaques augh

Aug 31, 2007, 11:39:01 PM8/31/07

"Jamie" <jan...@ihollister.net> wrote in message news:1188610248.8...@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

My calculator says BOOBS.

Steven

Sep 1, 2007, 12:10:02 AM9/1/07
On Aug 31, 9:39 pm, "jaques augh" <c...@baby.com> wrote:
> "Jamie" <jann...@ihollister.net> wrote in messagenews:1188610248.8...@e9g2000prf.googlegroups.com...

Once you haff vound de matt-icmatical formula fer vemmem, you musht
DIE!

It's GOD'S LAW und wholly immootable.

Rick

Sep 1, 2007, 1:19:37 AM9/1/07

Is the desk lamp saying anything too? Is yes, seek professional help...

AllEmailDeletedImmediately

Sep 1, 2007, 9:30:14 PM9/1/07

"Jamie" <jan...@ihollister.net> wrote in message
> Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.

would that be hollister, ca, where i graduated hs yrs ago?

Jamie

Sep 1, 2007, 10:27:21 PM9/1/07
On Sep 1, 6:30 pm, "AllEmailDeletedImmediately" <der...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
> "Jamie" <jann...@ihollister.net> wrote in message

> > Here is a math trick so unbelievable that it will stump you.
>
> would that be hollister, ca, where i graduated hs yrs ago?

Yes, yes it is. I live there. When did you graduate from HS?

Jamie "graduated in 1989" Ghione