is $1.69 good price for half pound cream cheese?

OhioGuy

Sep 4, 2008, 2:08:17 PM9/4/08
$1.69 for 8 ounce store brand cream cheese is the price I found today at
Save A Lot. This seems pricey to me, but maybe that's because I rarely buy
it. I remember that it was only 99c there 2 or 3 years ago. Has it really
gone up 70% since then?

Anyone know of a chain that regularly has it for less than that price?
Thanks!

elise d faber

Sep 5, 2008, 8:01:19 AM9/5/08

are you sure that this was a half pound [8 oz]? around here the
regular price varies from $1.29 to $1.49 and the sale price is 99ข.
even whole foods has it for $1.49 regularly.

elise

Al Bundy

Sep 5, 2008, 5:42:56 PM9/5/08
On Sep 5, 8:01 am, ediefa...@yahoo.com (elise d faber) wrote:

> On Thu, 4 Sep 2008 14:08:17 -0400, "OhioGuy" <n...@none.net> wrote:
> >$1.69 for 8 ounce store brand cream cheese is the price I found today at
> >Save A Lot. This seems pricey to me, but maybe that's because I rarely buy
> >it. I remember that it was only 99c there 2 or 3 years ago. Has it really
> >gone up 70% since then?
>
> > Anyone know of a chain that regularly has it for less than that price?
> >Thanks!
>
> are you sure that this was a half pound [8 oz]? around here the
> regular price varies from $1.29 to $1.49 and the sale price is 99¢.

> even whole foods has it for $1.49 regularly.
>
> elise

Kroger just had it on sale 10 for $10. I Googled and found others for
99¢ in Dayton.
As usual, Ohio Guy (aka T.Rivet, HarryB, etc.) wants you to be his
personal shopper.