Re: Illegal alien population increases by %88 percent in US since 2000

greg3347

Oct 31, 2007, 8:02:25 AM10/31/07
On Oct 30, 8:36 pm, gringogirl <sumarli...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Maine 2 3 3 5 5 5
> Md. 33 44 56 225 250 150
> Mass. 65 85 87 225 200 250
> Mich. 28 37 70 125 125 200
> Minn. 6 7 60 70 88 125
> Miss. 3 4 8 28 40 20
> Mo. 12 16 22 70 50 65
> Mont. 1 1 2 5 5 5
> Neb. 6 8 24 28 45 45
> Nev. 19 24 101 240 125 175 170
> N.H. 2 2 2 5 20 15
> N.J. 105 135 221 380 430 350 388 490
> N.M. 29 37 39 70 63 70
> N.Y. 410 540 489 560 540 650 600 1,110
> N.C. 20 22 206 360 370 300 350 385
> N.D. 1 1 2 5 5 5
> Ohio 18 23 40 125 111 115
> Okla. 17 21 46 70 63 85
> Ore. 27 33 90 125 150 170
> Pa. 27 37 49 125 150 140
> R.I. 9 12 16 28 30 35
> S.C. 4 5 36 28 55 75
> S.D. 1 1 2 5 5 5
> Tenn. 10 13 46 125 125 100
> Texas 530 700 1,041 1,360 1,640 1,400 1,500 1,740
> Utah 13 15 65 70 83 125
> Vt. 2 3 2 5 5 5
> Va. 42 55 103 225 275 205
> Wash. 42 52 136 280 225 225 255
> W.V. 2 2 2 5 5 5
> Wis. 6 8 41 125 93 90
> Wyo. 1 2 2 5 5 5
> Total 3,865 4,947 7,013 10,760 11,550 10,080 10,803 13,175
>
> Amnesty proposals for granting legal residence to these illegal aliens
> take various forms, and the number of proposed beneficiaries vary
> depending on the proposal. For example, in the 1986 general amnesty,
> illegal aliens other than those in agricultural work were eligible
> only if they had been living in the United States for four years
> (since 1982). Thus, the nearly three million beneficiaries did not
> include illegal aliens who had arrived during the previous four years
> (unless they presented fraudulent evidence of having arrived earlier,
> as many of them did).
>
> Although the number of illegal aliens in the country can only be
> estimated, and it is unclear what form currently proposed amnesty
> provisions might take, it is safe from the above analysis to conclude
> that any new amnesty would likely involve as many as four times as
> many illegal aliens as benefited from the 1986 amnesty.
>
> Updated 10/2007
>
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------­-----
>
> [1] "Feds Undercount Illegal Aliens," NewsMax.com, (March 16, 2001).
> [2] Robert Justich and Betty Ng, "The Underground Labor Force is
> Rising to the Surface," Bear Sterns, January 3, 2005.
> [3] Barlett, Donald and James Steele, "Who Left the Door Open?," TIME
> Magazine, September 12, 2004.
> [4] The most recent estimates by DHS only show the estimate for the 10
> states with the largest illegal alien population
> [5] Pew Hispanic Center estimates of the illegal immigrant population
> are stated as a range, e.g., California 2.5 million to 2.75 million.
> The chart shows the mid-point of the estimate, e.g. California 2.625

Failure to secure our border and to remove illegal aliens has put the
future of the continent in jeopardy.
Following Bush's twisted approval of illegal's Senator Clinton
promises more of the same i.e., her
failure to even discuss the problem during last night's debate.

greg

qwest602000

Oct 31, 2007, 9:29:48 AM10/31/07
> greg- Hide quoted text -

those bastards

Joseph Meehan

Oct 31, 2007, 9:48:54 AM10/31/07
Get real, it is about hate, and it is coming from someone who's
ancestors likely came to America under conditions that would have made them
illegal today. They don't have a clue, but they do have a lot of irrational
hate and fear.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Allen

Oct 31, 2007, 11:47:10 AM10/31/07
Thank you, John. My ancestors started arriving here in the 1630s, and
they were certainly illegal immigrants as far as the people who had been
here for more centuries than anyone can be sure of of. My ancestors,
though, were not quite as considerate as the recent immigrants; they
just killed the ones who were here first. I might add that the
immigrants that so many are concerned about have racial ties to those my
ancestors killed. I would be in favor of decent immigration laws that
would allow anyone without a criminal record to come here, work, and go
through the citizenship process, but PLEASE! no walls, no fences, no
prosecution of humanitarians to provide food, water and medical care to
those in trouble in the desert Southwest. I would much rather import
people than import so many necessities for life from other countries.
Our great seal says "E Pluribus Unum", not "Mine, All Mine". I'm sure
this post will put me in dozens of killfiles; no need to tell me, as I
expect it.

Allen

John McWilliams

Oct 31, 2007, 11:58:24 AM10/31/07