cell phone plan - pay as you go - daily access fee

me...@cyvest.com

Feb 8, 2008, 1:04:12 AM2/8/08
Hello --

My AT&T plan ($10 special at Radio Shack) charges $1/day "only on days
you use your phone"; airtime costs $0.10/min.

Can anyone recommend a pay as you go plan that does not have a cost/
day access fee?
Or, is such a fee pretty typical for this type of service?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

L Mehl

frie...@zoocrewphoto.com

Feb 8, 2008, 1:47:45 AM2/8/08

> Hello --
>
> My AT&T plan ($10 special at Radio Shack) charges $1/day "only on days
> you use your phone"; airtime costs $0.10/min.
>
> Can anyone recommend a pay as you go plan that does not have a cost/
> day access fee?
> Or, is such a fee pretty typical for this type of service?

Virgen mobile has a plan where you add $20 every 3 months. All money
applies to minutes and carry over. Time is 18 cents a minute, but that
is the only charge.

rox

Feb 8, 2008, 9:35:58 AM2/8/08

"mehlREM...@cyvest.com" <me...@cyvest.com> wrote in message
I think Virgin's deal sounds the best but TracFone used to have a pretty
good deal too. You might want to look at them. It does depend on your
usage pattern. I used to have ATT but then life changes made a cell phone
plan a better bargain for me so I got a regular plan.

default

Feb 8, 2008, 8:05:01 PM2/8/08
On Thu, 07 Feb 2008 22:04:12 -0800, mehlREM...@cyvest.com wrote:

> Hello --
>
> My AT&T plan ($10 special at Radio Shack) charges $1/day "only on days
> you use your phone"; airtime costs $0.10/min.
>
> Can anyone recommend a pay as you go plan that does not have a cost/
> day access fee?
> Or, is such a fee pretty typical for this type of service?

Your phone may be locked to AT&T, limiting your choices if you don't want
to buy another one.

AT&T has another pre-paid plan: a simple $.25/min with no "access"
fee or other gimmicks. (Pre-paid airtime has an expiration date, as yours
probably does too, but can roll over when you re-up.) You may be able to
switch plans: call AT&T and ask.

-- Joel

Larry Mehl

Feb 9, 2008, 9:59:26 PM2/9/08
Thanks for the information. It will be a help in my search.

L Mehl

hal...@aol.com

Feb 10, 2008, 3:40:39 PM2/10/08
On Feb 9, 9:59�pm, "Larry Mehl" <mehlREMOVET...@cyvest.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the information. �It will be a help in my search.
>
> L Mehl
>
> "mehlREMOVET...@cyvest.com" <m...@cyvest.com> wrote in message

> > Hello --
>
> > My AT&T plan ($10 special at Radio Shack) charges $1/day "only on days
> > you use your phone"; airtime costs $0.10/min.
>
> > Can anyone recommend a pay as you go plan that does not have a cost/
> > day access fee?
> > Or, is such a fee pretty typical for this type of service?
>
> > Thanks for any help or suggestions.
>
> > L Mehl- Hide quoted text -

if you use the phone very little find a friend and get a phone on
their friends and family plan, for 10 bucks a month plus usage, and
just pay them for your part of the bill