We are ready for inflation! Bring it on...

Bill

Apr 16, 2008, 11:36:46 AM4/16/08
I've been reading posts in this group for years and know that everybody in
this group is quite good at cutting costs and saving money.

I was watching TV and they were talking about people having difficulty
cutting costs due to inflation and high gas prices....

I was thinking, not a problem with you folks!

Al Bundy

Apr 17, 2008, 7:18:29 PM4/17/08

No, it's really not a problem for most of us. See, we don't really
spend any money to speak of. One guy even feeds his family on 50¢ a
meal and barters 7-8 pepper seeds through the mail. One adds tap water
to his toothpaste tube, but he may have gotten sick and left the
group. Another has recently returned to posting very long posts that
keep us reading and thus out of the stores. And the Chinese still seem
to value our dollar highly in this group. So life is good in the
parallel universe we call mcfl.

Vic Smith

Apr 17, 2008, 7:27:20 PM4/17/08
On Thu, 17 Apr 2008 16:18:29 -0700 (PDT), Al Bundy
<MSfo...@mcpmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 16, 11:36 am, "Bill" <billnomailnosp...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> I've been reading posts in this group for years and know that everybody in
>> this group is quite good at cutting costs and saving money.
>>
>> I was watching TV and they were talking about people having difficulty
>> cutting costs due to inflation and high gas prices....
>>
>> I was thinking, not a problem with you folks!
>
>No, it's really not a problem for most of us. See, we don't really

>spend any money to speak of. One guy even feeds his family on 50? a

>meal and barters 7-8 pepper seeds through the mail.

At first I thought you were talking about me, but since I steal my
pepper seed guess not.
I do give my kids 50 cents each to *not* eat dinner.
Then I charge them 50 cents for breakfast.
Works out well. Saves a meal a day and teaches them to save for the
next day.

--Vic